- 1 pound brown sugar
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Karo syrup (light corn syrup)
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup of unpopped popcorn
- Pop your popcorn in an air popper machine. My machine only allows ½ cup of kernels at a time so I had two separate batches that I had to pop.
- Cook the brown sugar, Karo syrup, and ½ cup of butter over the stove on medium high heat and bring to a boil. Add the sweetened condensed milk. Stir continually for about 3 to 4 minutes until it gets to the soft ball stage (it clings together when you drop some in cold water). It will burn if you cook it too long, so make sure you are stirring continuously and watch it closely.
- When it is finished cooking, take your pot off the stove and pour the caramel sauce over your air popped popcorn. Mix until all the popcorn is completely coated. You will need a very large bowl to mix it all together!
- Don’t have an air popper machine? You can pop your own popcorn in the microwave. Remodelaholic has an excellent way to do it. Find out how do it here.
Equipment needed for this recipe:
Here are some of our favorites:
for style, beauty tips, daily deals, tutorials and more!