- Posted on
- 7 Comments
Fall is COMING!!! A few days ago it was an overcast day so I knew it was time to whip up some homemade soup. I especially love soup when it is served in bread bowls. It is much more healthier without the bread bowls but it sure does taste amazing with them!
Southern Chicken and Corn Chowder
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 Potatoes, washed and cubed
- 1/2 bag of baby carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 32 oz bag of frozen corn
- 1/2 package of taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup of salsa
- Drizzle olive oil into the bottom of a large, lidded soup pot. Place over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion, carrots, celery, and minced garlic. Cover pot with lid and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove stems, seeds, and membrane from jalapeno pepper. Dice pepper finely and add to other vegetables.
- Cube chicken breasts and add to vegetables. Add enough water to slightly cover all ingredients. Cover pot with lid and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Combine milk, flour, taco seasoning, and salsa in a measuring cup and stir well. Add to chowder.
- Open packages of frozen corn and add to the chowder.
- Sprinkle dried thyme into chowder and stir to combine.
- Cover pot with lid and simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes.
I served mine in bread bowls, but can be served in any bowl.Recipe adapted from add a pinch
Looking for other soup? You must try some of these!
This post is sponsored by:
Ever worry about getting the perfect gift for your loved ones or yourself? The Pink Window is here to help you out! They've got everything: PJs, robes, aprons, handbags, wallets, cosmetic bags, jewelry, picture frames, and books. Still not convinced? Have one of their professional gifting experts give you a hand! They'll pick it out, wrap it, and send it - with little work (or stress) on your end!
Other interesting food sites: