- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 Potatoes, washed and cubed
- 1/2 bag of baby carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 32 oz bag of frozen corn
- 1/2 package of taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup of salsa
- Drizzle olive oil into the bottom of a large, lidded soup pot. Place over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion, carrots, celery, and minced garlic. Cover pot with lid and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove stems, seeds, and membrane from jalapeno pepper. Dice pepper finely and add to other vegetables.
- Cube chicken breasts and potatoes and add to vegetables. Add 1 cup of broth, cover pot with lid and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Combine milk, the rest of the broth, taco seasoning, and salsa and stir well. Add to chowder.
- Open packages of frozen corn and add to the chowder.
- Sprinkle dried thyme into chowder and stir to combine.
- Cover pot with lid and simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes.
- I served mine in bread bowls, but can be served in any bowl.
Take the stress out of dinnertime!
For just $5 a month, you will receive a weekly menu plan that starts with a week at a glance so you’ll know exactly what to make and when! Each menu plan includes 6 main dish recipes, 2 side dish recipes and 2 dessert recipes! That means you’ll be receiving 40 tried-and-true recipes your family will love every month! Each recipe includes a picture of the recipe, serving size, prep time and cook time to help you plan accordingly. At the end of each menu plan, there is a detailed shopping list so you know the exact amount of each ingredient needed to make your recipes for the week.