Main Dish, Recipes, Slow Cooker, Turkey

Slow Cooker Turkey Breast Recipe

Slow-Cooker-Turkey-Breast

My family loves turkey, but I just can’t bare to man handle that raw bird and prepare it for them.
I knew there had to be a better solution, and this recipe was born!

Slow Cooker Turkey Breast Recipe:
Ingredients:
4-6 boneless, skinless turkey breasts (or turkey breast tenderloins)
1 tablespoon olive oil

1 envelope dry onion soup mix

Rinse the turkey breasts and pat dry.  Rub turkey breasts with olive oil.  Rub the dry onion soup mix onto each turkey breast, covering completely.  Place turkey breasts in the slow cooker.  Cover, and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 5-6 hours (checking occasionally to be sure your turkey doesn’t dry out).

Looking for more delicious slow cooker meals?
Here are a few of our favorites:
Our newest eBook has just been released!
Be sure to it check out:
Button

Comments

• says

Hi!

• says

Hi!

• says

Hi!

There is no liquid in the slow cooker. I was a little hesitant, too! It worked out great, but you could always add a little water to the bottom of your crock pot if you wanted. The servings depend on how many turkey breasts you use. I used 4 breasts, so it made 4 servings. Thanks!

I have a 5 1/2 lb. turkey breast WITH THE BONE IN, should I make any adjustments? Also does it yield any drippings or juice when done cooking? I hope to try this soon! Thanks, Jenny C.

• says

Hey Starsky99.. I just thought I would tell you I have cooked a whole bone in breast in the crock pot… it does make some juice of its own and the only adjustment is time…It takes longer.It took between 7-8 hrs on low for mine I used them 5-7lbs…and I pulled the skin up and put the soup mix directly on the breast.. I have made it more than a couple times. I have also thrown some veggies in the bottom like celery onion and carrots then used the broth that happens and make a gravy.

I’m a turkey farmer with a home blog…mind if I share this in a recipe roundup of turkey breast recipes? I will provide a little synopsis of the recipe, show the picture, and then link to your blog post. Thanks!

I made this recently with just the turkey breast alone and it was one of the best things I’ve ever cooked!! I did not add any liquid, and there was enough liquid after cooking for gravy and freezing some stock. I don’t recall how long I left it in the slow cooker, but it was so flavorful! I can’t wait to make it again. Thank you for all of your wonderful posts!! :)

• deb says

I have done whole chicken in the crockpot for shredded chicken to keep in the freezer. It makes great stock. I put mine on aluminum foil balls in the crockpot so it doesnt sit in all the fat drippings. Thinking of doing it with my turkey breast this year. :)

4. L.D. says

I’ve roasted a couple of ol’ 5lb hens in my crockpot without any liquid and it comes out nice ‘n juicy, it takes about 4 hrs on high, the only drawback was the skin didn’t brown, so the next time I’m gonna see if my heatgun will give that chick a tan, I might dress her in a bikini and ogle ‘er tan lines when she’s done. Oh, and I place a couple small glass ashtrays in the bottom to keep the bird out of the schmaltz, and there’s quite a bit too, so you can make stock for soups or gravy. Adios n’ Hasta La Bye Bye!