Ruffle Trim Binky Clip Tutorial (No Sewing Required!)

Pretty much from the second they are born, my kids are binky junkies. :)
We can't leave the house without a binky, we can't go down for a nap without a binky, and breaking my kids of the binky habit when they get a little bit older is incredibly hard!
However, when they are little, a binky is my best friend.
Unfortunately we lose a great deal of binkies when we are out and about because my kids also seem to see how far a binky will fly when they spit it out.
 My cute little boy at 8 months old
So now with my little girl getting ready to make her appearance into this world any day, I am getting smart about this whole binky thing! I am prepared with my own binky tether clip!
Bring on the spitting . . . this binky won't go more than 8 inches!
I found my ribbon, ruffle trim, snap fastener kit, and clips all at Jo-Ann's. They seriously had a huge selection of run trims that you could use for this project.
 Mine were about 10-12" long. Just make sure you leave a little bit of extra material to work with for the snap and the clip.
These also make a great baby shower gift!
Happy crafting!
And make sure you check out our Craft Index!
Button
  1. Jen says:

So cute! I also use that rosette trim to make baby headbands, just hot glue it to soft roll elastic. You can buy it at Joann’s or on Etsy for $1.50/5 yards. Also I bought 25 passy clips for $11 on ebay that look like those ones. So if you need anymore I would check out ebay, they are really cheap! Congrats on your little girl, she will be stylin’ with this adorable passy clip! : )

Jen
    sewfabulous-now.blogspot.com

2. Jenni says:

Sweet paci clips! My girls are paci junkies, too. Your daughter will look very stylish with these! :)
    Hey, I also wanted to tell you that I found a cheaper way to buy those mitten/suspender clips at JoAnns. They sell ironing board cover fasteners in the aisle that has the other ironing supplies (here is the online link: http://www.joann.com/ironing-board-cover-fasteners/zprd_10688315a/) and I cut the elastic off and they are the exact same thing as the suspender clips! It is 3.99 for eight of these clips! Much cheaper than the mitten/suspender clips which come in a pack of 2 for 2.99. Just a tip I learned from experience. :)

3. I love this. I made one for my son but put a loop in the to attack the soother because my first attempt at attaching a snap wasn’t the best. Also I have seen people use thin cord for the loop as well. The question is though do you have any ideas for boys. These are rather girly. When making mine I used two kinds of ribbon.

4. Susie Otto says:

You could also do this in a slightly larger version for when she graduates to the “sippy cup toss” I’m there now. My sister bought one for her son, but I bet this could work for that as well.

5. Susie Otto says:

6. The Huebners says:

So excited about this giveaway! We can’t afford a new camera and with my kids growing so fast I’d love love love to have one! Been reall enjoying your blog too!!!

7. Rebecca H says:

I just made these and they are so simple! They turned out great!! I only wish I would have read the comment about the ironing board cover fasteners before I ran out to buy the supplies :) Thanks so much!