Slow Cooker Coca Cola Barbecue Chicken Recipe

This is one of our family's "go-to" recipes.  It is SO EASY to throw together and tastes like something you have spent all day slaving over!  This is the perfect recipe for a busy day when you still want to have an amazing meal prepared for your family.
Slow Cooker Coca Cola Barbecue Chicken Recipe:

Ingredients:
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (mine were frozen when I put them in the slow cooker)
1 lemon, quartered
1 onion, quartered
1 20 ounce bottle of BBQ sauce (any brand or flavor you prefer)
1 can of Coca Cola

Peel onion and cut into quarters.  Cut lemon into quarters.  Place chicken breasts in crock pot.  Place onion and lemon quarters on top.  Pour in entire bottle of BBQ Sauce and entire can of Coke.  Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.

(Recipe adapted from Southern Plate)

Looking for more delicious chicken recipes?
Here are some of our favorites:
  1. Marlys Folly says:

found this today on facebook by Life by Jill Marie… and thought perfect meal for tonight… Going to try it with diet pepsi wild cherry and lime as that is what I have on hand. Thanks for the recipe.

2. WYO Di says:

I’d love to hear from all SIX of you as to what kind of crock pot you have. I’m looking to purchase a new one and would love some feedback!!

3. The Eckers says:

I set out to make this yesterday..only to get home from the store to realize I didn’t have any chicken! So I decided to try it with a pound of ground chuck and pork sausage then call it sloppy joes. My hubby LOVED it. He says it tastes just like a Mcrib. He is in love!! Thanks :-)

• Six Sisters says:

I’m guessing you are talking about in the crock pot after cooking. We had juices left in the crock pot. You could use some of the liquid if you shred your chicken and want it juicier. Some readers put the shredded chicken on a bun or roll. Hope this helps. :)

4. Lori A says:

Hello! I’m excited to try this for company tomorrow night. I’ll be serving 11 – do you think I should double the ingredients? Thanks so much!

5. Cyd says:

Recipe calls for 4 to 6 chicken breasts. So it would depend if they each want a whole chicken breast. If you are feeding 11 and some are men, for sure I would double it. You may need to do it in 2 separate crock pots with that much chicken.

6. Sara says:

I bought all of the ingredients to make on vacation but just realized I forgot the crock pot!!! Can I simmer the chicken in a pot on the stove???

7. Marlena says:

I don’t hAve lemon on hand just lemon juice. Think it will make a difference or should I just omit the lemon?