Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches Recipe

I am the buffalo lover in our family, but I think my husband ended up liking these sandwiches more than I did!  This is probably the easiest meal I have ever made.  This chicken would also be amazing on tacos, nachos, quesadillas or just about anything!

Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches Recipe:
(serves 4-6)
Ingredients:

4-6 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 (12 ounce) bottle Frank's Wings Buffalo Sauce
1 packet Ranch Dip Mix
2 tablespoons butter

Put frozen chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker.  Pour the whole bottle of buffalo sauce over chicken breasts and sprinkle ranch packet on top.  Cook on low 6-7 hours.  Using two forks, shred the chicken and return it to the crock pot.  Add butter, stir and cook on low for an additional hour.  Serve on buns and serve with a side of ranch dressing.

(Recipe adapted from My Kitchen Apron)

Looking for more delicious sandwich recipes?
Here are some of our favorites:
  1. Hayley says:

I was on Pinterest and this happened to show up under Food & Drink and my boyfriend jumped out of his chair, pointed at it on the screen and nearly demanded I make it soon. It looks SO good. We’re buffalo chicken freaks around here. Love that it goes in the slow cooker! And I’m excited about that nacho idea for this… yum!

• Six Sisters says:

Hi Drae,

I have a two year old as well and it was too spicy for him. I know they have different flavors so they might have something a little more mild. Sorry about that!

• Six Sisters says:

Hi Susie,

I usually just get the buffalo wing flavor. It is a little hot! I know they have a flavor that is called “Sweet Chile” that might be really good!

2. StephiePace says:

Making this right now! Very excited! Kinda modified the recipe for my little ones, used about 5 frozen breasts, 2/3rds of the bottle of buffalo sauce 1/3rd cup of water and the ranch packet, cant wait to try it!! :)

3. KH Kellum says:

Just started a batch of this and modified because I accidentally bought regular hot sauce. Original flavor says it’s on the average heat level, but I still wasn’t going to use the while thing. I used half and a can of mild enchilada sauce because that’s what I had on hand….I’ll let you know in 6-8 hours. :)

4. catie says:

hello, i am super excited to try this, my question is about the ranch packet? i assume that it is powder and you add stuff to make dressing, but for this recipe you just want the powder… how many tbsp or ounces is the packet?

5. catie says:

6. BreezyGrass says:

We’ve made this recipe many times now with some changes. The first time we used the Frank’s Wing Sauce and it was way too salty. Next time we used Frank’s original. When we looked at the label we noticed Frank’s Wing Sauce had 400+mg of sodium compared to Original that was 190mg. That’s a big difference. Also deleted the ranch packet. Way too salty. We added in a dash of vinegar, a can of beer, and some red pepper flakes. We cook on low for 6-7 hours, shred it, add some butter and a little bit more hot sauce and cook on low for another hour. Cibata rolls toasted with some melted mozzarella with some ranch dressing. Amazing sandwich!

7. Plushdogs says:

I’m thinking this for tomorrow night since we’ll be out all day. But making it into a wrap with thin sliced celery seems a very good idea! Come on tomorrow night!

8. Rachel says:

I was scrolling through your recipes and telling my husband what slow cooker ones we could try. He really liked this one and we were excited to try it. We followed the recipe exactly. Well, it was hot, VERY HOT. Too hot. So we had to add sugar and sour cream (I won’t say how much of both because it’s a lot) and it finally made the buffalo chicken eatable. My hubby and I love hot, spicy food, but I’d say don’t add the whole bottle of Frank’s if you want your kiddos to eat this. Good recipe, easy, but make your own modifications!

9. Diane says:

Hello all, does anyone know if this recipe can be frozen? We are having a large party and i wanted to make a 1/2 tray of it but only have 1 slow cooker so i’d have to make several batches of it.

thanks!

• Cyd says:

The buffalo chicken should freeze just fine in an airtight container or freezer bag. Let thaw and then reheat.

10. Mckenzie says:

Sounds delish! I would only be able to make this on the weekend since I work during the week. It would be left on too long if I started in the morning, and wouldn’t want to put on at 6:30pm.

11. Meredith says:

This is my boyfriends absolute favorite meal that I make! I make it every Sunday during football season. I’m not a big fan of buffalo flavor but I eat this every time. It’s a keeper!