2-Ingredient Luscious Lemon Cake

This cake is perfect for summer! It's light and moist and full of lemon flavor.
Oh, and did I mention that it only has 2 ingredients?!
This is seriously one of the easiest desserts that I have ever made. I took it over to my parents' house for Sunday dinner and got the sisters' approval- definitely a keeper!

2 Ingredient Luscious Lemon Cake
Ingredients for cake:
1 (1 lb) package of angel food cake (I used Western Family brand)
1 (15.75 oz) can of lemon pie filling (I used Wilderness brand- made by Duncan Hines)

Topping:
Fresh Strawberries, if desired
Whipped Cream

In a bowl, combine the cake mix (Mine had two packets inside, just add both) and the pie filling. Spread the cake batter into a a 9×13 cake pan.
Bake 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean. Cool and slice. Top with fresh berries and cream.

Recipe from Real Mom Kitchen

Looking for more cake recipes?
Summary
Recipe Name
2- Ingredient Luscious Lemon Cake
Published On
Preparation Time
Cook Time
Total Time
Review
1.5 Based on 13 Review(s)
    • Melba says:

This did not turn out good for me….. The cake is too dense …I’m sad now but will probably still eat it

1. Darlene says:

WOW! This sounds like a super easy dessert I just made today. Imagine my surprise when I came across your blog. My recipe is angel food cake mix and 1 can of crushed pineapple (with juice). Super yummy and easy.

2. Becca says:

I found this recipe on another site months ago. However, they were not specific to the size of pie filling. And oddly enough, the stores around here only sell the larger size can. I figured this out the hard way. On the 2nd try, I used 2/3 of the larger can and when the cake came out of the oven and cooled some, I put the rest of the filling on top of the cake, kind of like a frosting. And then sifted some powdered sugar on top. It worked. I do have to say that the strawberries and CoolWhip look tempting on top.

3. augcott says:

Sounds great!
    I’m a little confused though …. do you just use the angel food cake mix right out of the box (not adding any other ingredients it would call for) and a can of lemon pie filling?

• Camille says:

Yep! It is really as easy as it sounds!!! Use the mix right out of the box- don’t add anything else except the lemon pie filling! :)
      You can’t go wrong!

4. I was wondering if you have a suggestion for a substitution for canned lemon pie filling. I can’t find it anywhere where I live and what I tried did not work at all. Thanks so much!

• Camille says:

You can actually use any kind of pie filling! My sisters and I have tried cherry, blueberry, raspberry and peach so far . . . and they are all delicious!

5. Lori E says:

No canned lemon pie filling here either. I bought lemon pie filling and will mix it up then use that. I feel an impending disaster coming up but the taste will be great regardless. Lol.

6. Crissy G says:

I add 2 teaspoons of crushed dried rosemary when I make the lemon version of this and drizzle with a small amount of glaze made with sour cream and powdered sugar. It’s fantastic!!
    I just discovered your site and am loving it. Thanks for the great stuff!!

7. JO says:

Tried this and while it didn’t work as nicely as the picture, it was still really great! Looked high and low for canned lemon pie filling, but it just isn’t sold here, so I bought boxed powdered pie filling (Schiff brand I think) and made that. The downside is I don’t know how much it made. Added that to the cake mixture and baked. Turned out heavier and a little more dense than in the picture, but we just called them lemon bars rather than cake, and it was still awesome!

8. Mary Lou mutter says:

When I bake the angle food cake with pie filling it rises and looks so good but when I take it out it sinks way down what can I do to keep this from happening .thanks.

9. Jeanne says:

I made this and sure as heck didn’t look anything like the picture. Was just an ugly lump of stuff. I would rather have just eaten the pie filling out of the can. Don’t know what I did wrong, but there was nothing that looked similar to a ‘cake’ or any kind of cake in it, or on it, or around it.