Cookies, Craft Ideas, Kid Approved Food, Kid Stuff, Summer

Mini Hamburger Cookies

Mini+Hamburger+Cookies[1]

It is the last week for school for us and we are celebrating by making or doing something fun everyday to celebrate the upcoming SUMMER! Yesterday we made cookie hamburgers and girls loved putting them together. Here is what I did-

Mini Hamburger Cookies

Ingredients:

Vanilla Wafers (for the buns)
Thin Mint Cookies (for the burger)
1 cup Coconut (for the lettuce)
Green Food Coloring
Red Frosting (for the ketchup)
Yellow Frosting (for the mustard)

Take your cup of coconut and put it in a plastic bag with 2 or 3 drops of green food coloring. Shake until desired color. Add more drops for a darker color.
Next take two vanilla wafers and put a blob of yellow frosting on one and a blob of red on the other wafer.
On one wafer put a Thin Mint Cookie and the other put your coconut.
Put a little more frosting on the thin mint cookie and stick it all together.

Linking up here

Comments

This is so cute! We’re going to cookout on Friday and it’d be perfect to bring along.

Any ideas on alternatives for the coconut? I’m sitting here thinking but I’m just not very creative. Please post if anyone has ideas!

Did you get this from the Joanne Fluke books? She had this in one of her murder mystery books (that includes recipes!). They look adorable.

Hey there! Just wanted to let you know we featured you in our Favorite Find Fridays post over at Whimsically Homemade. We used one of your pictures. If that’s a problem let us know and we’ll remove it immediately. Thanks for your great inspiration!

For lettuce and the other condiments I use airheads candy and cut or use a cookie cutter to get my tomato, lettuce, onion and cheese. I made a hamburger cake for the Wendy’s restaurant founders dayand that’s what I came up with and everyone loved it!! Hope that helps Rapunzel. And. To Six Sisters, awesome job on these cookie burgers they are so cute.

We’ve been making these since our teenagers were little with a few differences. My kids don’t like coconut. We made them to look like cheeseburgers. A little Karo Syrup on top with sesame seeds, orange frosting for the cheese, Keebler grasshopper cookie and then green icing for the lettuce. Always a big hit!

6. Connie Holmes says

I put the hamburger cookies in cupcake papers and add shoestring potato chips on the side. It makes it look like a hamburger and fries basket.