After my husband and I were first married, we probably went out to eat 3 times a week. So bad, I know! We were both working full-time and he was going to school so it was a lot easier to go out. Now with a toddler and another baby coming real soon, we don’t get out nearly as much. I love finding recipes that taste similar to those you would find in a restaurant, because heaven knows I love to eat out, and this dish is one of them. I’ve heard this recipe tastes so much like the Spicy Chicken Rigatoni you would find at Bucca Di Beppo! It was a little spicy for the toddler but my husband and I were big fans!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon coarse black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups Alfredo sauce (I just used a jar of store bought sauce)
- 2 cups marinara sauce (I just used a jar of store bought sauce)
- ½ cup cooked peas
- 1 lb (16 oz) rigatoni noodles, cooked al dente
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Sprinkle of fresh Parmesan cheese and a pinch of red pepper flake for garnish.
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, heat two tablespoons olive oil. Saute garlic, red pepper flakes, and coarse black pepper for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in thin strips of chicken breast, ¼ teaspoon salt, and cook until chicken is cooked through. This should only take a few minutes because the chicken is cut thin.
- Add in marinara sauce and stir. Add in Alfredo sauce and stir. Let the sauces simmer for about 10 minutes.
- To the sauce, add two tablespoons butter and ½ cup peas. Stir until the butter melts.
- Combine the sauce mixture with cooked pasta. Garnish with fresh Parmesan cheese, and a pinch or two of red pepper flake.
Our first cookbook is filled with some of our favorite family recipes!
For only $16, it makes a great gift for the holidays! Get it HERE!