My husband likes to think of himself as a grilling expert (to be honest- I have never grilled anything in my entire life! He is the grill-er in our family).
Before I married him, I really didn't eat that much meat. In fact, I really didn't like much else besides chicken . . . until he introduced me to all the wonderful foods that can be made on a grill.
I never really liked steak until he cooked me the perfect one- cooked rare. Oh. My. Goodness. It was divine! He teases me that I am more of a man than he is because I like my steak cooked so rare. Ha ha! (Don't worry- I now order my steaks medium rare so I don't gross out the people around me)
Anyway, "The Master of the Grill" is always looking for the next best thing and I think that we have found it with this hamburger recipe. The burgers were moist, flavorful, and delicious. They will definitely be a repeat for us this summer!
P.S. The secret sauce is like icing on the cake!! You have to try it!
The Best Hamburger Recipe (and secret sauce)
1 lb ground beef (I used 85/15- you want a fattier meat to make a juicier burger!)
sesame seed buns
1/2 cup Monterrey jack cheese, grated
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
seasoned salt to taste
cracked black pepper
3/4 cup of mayo
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup relish
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Combine the ground beef, grated cheese, bbq sauce, and seasonings. Shape patties that are about 1 inch thick. With the 1 pound of ground beef I made 5 large patties.
- Turn grill up to high and let it get hot.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and place the burgers on the grill. Allow this side of the patty to cook for about 4-6 minutes, but make sure it doesn’t burn. Then flip the burger over and cook until done.
- For the sauce: Combine all ingredients and whisk until well mixed. Taste and adjust ingredients to your liking.
- Assemble the burgers and serve with the special sauce, avocado, lettuce, tomato, cheese, pickles and your other favorite hamburger toppings!
Looking for more grilling recipes?
Check these out: