- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- ⅓ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana, peeled, ½-inch slices
- Preheat oven to 375°F and generously spray the inside of a 11x7 inch baking dish with cooking spray and place on a baking sheet (in case of boil over).
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, sugar, baking powder, orange zest, cinnamon, salt, half the strawberries and half the chocolate. (Save the other half of strawberries and chocolate for the top of the oatmeal).
- In another large bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, butter and vanilla extract.
- Add the oat mixture to prepared baking dish. Arrange the remaining strawberries and chocolate on top. Add the banana slices to the top then pour the milk mixture over everything. Gently shimmy/shake the baking dish to help the milk mixture go throughout the oats.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until the top is nicely golden brown and the milk mixture has set. For an extra tasty top, sprinkle a tablespoon or so of extra brown sugar on top then place back in the oven under the broiler and broil for 20-30 seconds. Serve warm with an extra sprinkle of sugar or drizzle of maple syrup.
(Recipe adapted from Inspired Taste)
Looking for more delicious breakfast recipes?
Here are some of our favorites:
Want more Six Sisters’ Stuff??
Check out our book, available for purchase HERE.