This is one of my go-to easy meals! It is so simple to throw together and cooks all day, making your meat so tender that it practically falls apart. My kids love to eat it on little rolls because it’s the perfect size for their hands, but my husband eats his on foot-long hoagies.
Slow Cooker Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
Recipe source: Group Recipes
Serves 4-6 (depending on how big your hoagie buns are)
- 1 1/2 lbs beef round steak
- 1 green pepper, sliced thin
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 (14 oz) can beef broth
- 1 envelope Italian dressing mix
- 1 large loaf French bread, siced into sandwich lengths (or 4-6 hoagie buns)
- Provolone cheese slices
- Spray crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut meat into strips, place in slow cooker.
- Add green pepper, onion, broth, and dressing mix.
- Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours, or high 3-4 hours.
- Spoon meat mixture onto bread, top with a slice(s) of cheese.
- Another option is to toast bread in a 375 degree oven for 5-10 minutes, add meat, cover with cheese, then bake an additional 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- My husband loves to top his sandwich with A1 sauce . . . you can use any condiments you like.