Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Recipe

When my husband and I would eat out a lot, one or both of us would end up ordering Chicken Parmesan.  We are hooked!  I love how easy this recipe is to throw together and that you still get the same end result (plus your house smells fabulous all day while it simmers)!
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Recipe:

2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1 Tbl. olive oil
1 egg, beaten
sliced or shredded mozzarella cheese
favorite jarred marinara sauce (23 oz.)

Spread the olive oil into the bottom of your crockpot stoneware insert.  Beat the egg with a fork in a separate bowl.  Mix the bread crumbs with the seasonings and the Parmesan cheese in another separate dish.  Dip the chicken into the egg, then into the bread crumb mixture, coating both sides with crumbs, cheese and seasonings.  Place the chicken breast pieces in the bottom of the crockpot.  Layer 2-3 slices or 1-2 cups of mozzarella cheese on top, depending on how much cheese you like.  Cover chicken and cheese with entire jar of marinara sauce.  Close lid and cook on low for 4-5 hours or high for 2-3.  Serve with your favorite pasta.

• Sherry says:

Keri, You may never see this since you left your question well over a year ago, but in case you do…….
      Glad you asked your question about the “stoneware insert”. I had to think about it myself since not all slow cookers have a stoneware cooking pot anymore. My original one did so I figured it out quickly. Anyhow, yes……it means the pot that you cook the food in, not something extra. Happy cooking, Kiddo!

1. Leemarie says:

Made this last night with my new slow cooker. Chicken was incredibly tender and juicy! However, even with 4 breasts, the cooker said it was done after 3 hours–and I’d set it on low. Maybe it’s the new cooker? Definitely will make this again but adjust the time.

2. Leemarie says:

3. Sandy says:

I just put this in the crock for supper tonight. Used panko & only a reg sized can of tomato sauce because I was out of jarred spaghetti sauce. Hope it turns out okay!

4. Jennifer says:

I didn’t care for this :( The chicken was kinda “fall apart like”, like when you make typical crock pot chicken meals, and just didn’t seem right for this.

5. katie clark says:

to save a little money instead of buying the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese separately, I bought the Kraft Fresh Take Italian and Parmesan. It smells so yummy!

6. Sherry says:

Hey, Keri…… Glad you asked the question about the “stoneware insert”. I had to think it about myself since not all slow cookers have a pot made of stoneware. My original one did though, so it made sense fairly quickly. Yes, the recipe is referring to the pot the food cooks in, not something extra! Happy cooking, kiddo!!!

7. Dorene says:

I made this for dinner tonight. It was so delicious. The chicken just fell apart. I will definitely be making this again.