- 2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- ½ cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbl. olive oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1½ cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- favorite jarred marinara sauce (23 oz.)
- Spread the olive oil into the bottom of your crock pot.
- Beat the egg with a fork in a separate bowl.
- Mix the bread crumbs with the seasonings and the Parmesan cheese in another separate dish.
- Dip the chicken into the egg, then into the bread crumb mixture, coating both sides with crumbs, cheese and seasonings. Place the chicken breast pieces in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Layer 1½ cups of shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
- Cover chicken and cheese with entire jar of marinara sauce. Close lid and cook on low for 4-5 hours or high for 2-3. Serve with your favorite pasta.
(Recipe from A Year of Slow Cooking)
Looking for more slow cooker recipes?
Slow Cooker Sirloin Beef Tips and Gravy
Slow Cooker Company Pork Roast
Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwiches
Slow Cooker Au Jus Beef Sandwiches
Slow Cooker Kung Pao Chicken