Slow Cooker Cake Mix Apple Cobbler

I just can’t get enough of Apple Desserts right now! I found an old family cookbook and saw this recipe in there. It was so easy and so delicious!

Ingredients:

1Yellow Cake Mix
20 oz can of Apple Pie Filling
6 Tablespoons of butter, melted

Dump your can of Apple Pie Filling into the bottom of your slow cooker.
Spread your yellow cake mix over the apple pie filling.
Then spoon your butter onto the cake mix – DON’T mix the cake mix and butter around. The moisture will make it cook.
Cook on High for 4 hours in your slow cooker.

I took it out right after it was done cooking and put ice cream on top. . . it was SO good!
Hope you like it as much as we did!

– Kristen-

Like It? Share it!

If you enjoyed this post please consider sharing it with a friend

Family recipes, fun ideas, home projects & so much more!

Sign up for our free email newsletter and never miss another great recipe or tutorial.

71 Comments

My family makes a version of this and we call it “Dump Cake” Our version is baked in the oven using a can of crushed pineapple mixed with a can of cherry pie filling in a baking dish, sprinkle the dry cake mix on top and put the pats of butter on the dry mix. bake in the oven until golden on top and eat warm.

Making this tonight for church sunday social, hope everyone likes it. I’m using peach, but I have more ingredients to make again next week for my husband’s bday, and will be doing apple. It seems like it’s burning around the edges but the house smells sooooooooooooooooooo good!

OMG this was a disaster! it burned all around the edges and there was like 2 servings of this, now I have nothing to take to church :( I did and followed this recipe as is, except for adding peaches. that’s too bad because it really smelled good too!

I believe that this recipe needs to be amended per all the comments made, cake mix not to be prepared as normal, size of crockpot used, can of Sprite instead of butter…possibly spraying the crockpot with nonstick spray (as in the oven version) and cooking on LOW rather than HIGH which might alleviate the burned comments. It is a good recipe per oven version which uses two cans of pie filling in a 9 x 13 pan.

I made this tonight! I used a 6.5qt slowcooker and cooked it on low for 4 hours. It made enough for me and my boyfriend to have a nice big bowl each with some vanilla bean icecream. I would suggest if you’re making it for a family of 4 or 5 to use 3 20oz canned apple pie filling & 2 cake mixes. (there is more cake part than apple) and then of course cook it longer (maybe 5 or 5 1/2 hrs? Mine burnt a little around the edges but I didn’t mind, we just didn’t eat that part. It was a quick simple and filling dessert. We usually don’t have time to make dessert (ha or dinner for that matter!) because of our 3 1/2 month old, but I like that it took me 3 minutes tops to throw this all together. Thanks for the recipe!

• Cyd says

Your cake mix with the pudding should be just fine. This recipe does not call for eggs, so I would imagine it would be fine for someone with an egg allergy. Check the ingredients in the cake mix.

• Barbara Wlmore says

I make this all the time…cherry pie filling and dark chocolate cake mix and about 4 to 5 tablespoons of butter on top….I also use a crock pot liner and cook on high for an hour then trun to low for another 2 or 3 hours….turns out great and tastes like cherry covered brownies

6. Ethel says

I made this recipe yesterday for a legion auxiliary dinner meeting and it was a big hit. Not a scrap left! I used my white oval crock pot that is probably 5-5 1/2 qts. I used 3 – 20 oz cans of apple pie filling and one yellow cake mix. I used probably 8-9 tbs of butter melted on top. I also sprayed the sides and bottom of crock pot very good with baking spray. I cooked it on high for 4 1/2 hrs. It did not burn and turned out just perfect.

7. Jane Walker says

Ok I put these exact ingredients in a really big crock pot. I think it’s one of the biggest ones you can get and I put it on high. In about an hour and a half, I noticed it started to burn on the edges so I turned it off and ate it. It’s awesome. I put a few more about 9 tablespoons of butter though and it was so buttery-licious.

8. Kimberly Honeycutt says

Our Nursing Home Residents had a blast making this. We doubled the ingredients and went with peach. The long wait mixed with the aroma made the anticipation even better. They LOVED it. I am making this for my family this Thanksgiving. Thank you!

9. barbara says

I use this all the time in my crock pot….try apple pie filling with spice cake….cherry pie filling with chocolate cake mix….berry pie filling with white cake mix….I always use a crock pot liner cook on high for an hour then turn down to low for 2 or 3 hours…never turns out bad…I also put in the freezer and eat small portions as needed

10. Tiffany says

I tweaked this recipe a little due to others reviews. I used 2 cans of apple filling, spice cake mix, a little extra butter and heavily greased my crockpot to prevent burning and sticking. I cooked on low for 4 hours and it was amazing!!