My husband was the one who introduced me to beans. I always thought that you needed meat in your main dish to get your protein. Luckily I had a husband who pushed the beans and now I'm in Love with them too! - Not to mention they are so fast and easy! I made this baby for lunch in about 5 minutes.
What you need:
- Tortillas (I used whole wheat spinach tortillas - those are my favorite lately!)
- 1 can of black beans (rinsed)
- 1 cup of brown rice (I used instant rice)
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 2 Tbls of Greek Yogurt (or low fat sour cream)
- 1 tsp of Chipotle sauce
- Toppings of your liking (I added lettuce, red pepper, and olives)
Mix rice, beans, and cumin together in bowl. On your tortilla add your greek yogurt, chipotle sauce, rice and bean mixture and any other toppings you want to add. - The more veggies you add in there the more nutrients you will be getting!
If you are looking for more recipes with substituting beans for meat... check these out!