My husband was the one who introduced me to beans. I always thought that you needed meat in your main dish to get your protein. Luckily I had a husband who pushed the beans and now I’m in Love with them too! – Not to mention they are so fast and easy! I made this baby for lunch in about 5 minutes.
- Tortillas (I used whole wheat spinach tortillas - those are my favorite lately!)
- 1 can of black beans (rinsed)
- 1 cup of brown rice (I used instant rice)
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 2 Tbls of Greek Yogurt (or low fat sour cream)
- 1 tsp of Chipotle sauce
- Toppings of your liking (I added lettuce, red pepper, and olives)
- Mix rice, beans, and cumin together in bowl.
- On your tortilla add your greek yogurt, chipotle sauce, rice and bean mixture and any other toppings you want to add.
- The more veggies you add in there the more nutrients you will be getting! :)
Sweets and Treats with Six Sisters’ Stuff
This cookbook is all our very favorite recipes: DESSERTS!
Get it HERE.