Hi! I’m Kristen and I’m the sister who posts on Healthy Meals Monday. I’ll be honest… I wasn’t much of a healthy eater until I married my husband. I actually weighed about 20 lbs more in high school than I do right now. But being married to someone who doesn’t eat treats and has to have most of his veggies for the day some times can be difficult. I don’t love veggies but have started to enjoy them more. I try to post meals that include veggies and are lower in calories (then you don’t feel so guilty when you have a yummy dessert!).
We LOVE fish at my house and this one is definitely a keeper! Even my kids will eat it when I prepare it this way!
Heavenly Halibut Recipe
- 1/2 cup grated skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tablespoons of butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (I used light miracle whip)
- 1 tablespoon lemonjuice
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 pounds skinless halibut fillets
- Preheat the oven broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil
- In a bowl, mix the cheese, butter, mayonnaise, lemon juice, green onions, salt, and hot pepper sauce.
- Arrange the halibut fillets in the prepared baking dish.
- Broil halibut fillets 8 minutes in the prepared oven, or until easily flaked with a fork. Spread with the cheese mixture, and continue broiling 2 minutes, or until topping is bubbly and lightly browned.
Serve with baked zucchini and banana squash.
Adapted from Allrecipes
Other interesting food sites: