- 5 hard boiled egg whites
- 2 hard-boiled egg yolks (you could do one yolk and it will still turn out just fine)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of low fat cottage cheese (I know you are thinking I'm crazy.. but you couldn't even tell there wasn't mayo in it!!!)
- 1 Tablespoon on Honey Mustard
- 2 tsp of lemon juice
- ½ avocado, mashed
- 1 Tablespoon of Relish (I used sweet relish)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Spinach, and tomato slices (optional)
- 6 slices of whole wheat sandwich bread, toasted
- Using a pastry blender or fork, mash together egg whites and yolks in a large bowl; carefully fold in avocado and relish.
- Stir in cottage cheese, mustard, and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper.
- Place 3 slices of bread on your table. Evenly divide egg salad among bread slices. Add spinach or tomato, if desired. Top with remaining 3 slices bread and enjoy
Looking for more healthy meal ideas? Try these:
Healthy Pesto Grilled Cheese
Chicken Bow Tie Pasta Salad
Brown Sugar Turkey Meatballs
Mushroom Asparagus Chicken Stir Fry
Grilled Lemon Chicken
100 + Healthy Recipes from Six Sisters’ Stuff
Inside, you’ll find over 100 recipes that will help you on your path to living a healthier lifestyle. No preservatives, no deep-frying, and no drive-thru, just quick and easy recipes you and your family will love.
Get this eBook for only $4.99!
Click HERE to buy it now.