- Posted on
- 3 Comments
If you are like me… you have quite a few colorful hard boiled eggs in your refrigerator. I LOVE egg salad sandwiches so I have been experimenting on how to make them healthy. This is what I came up with… and yes my husband and I LOVED it!
- 5 hard boiled egg whites
- 2 hard-boiled egg yolks (you could do one yolk and it will still turn out just fine)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of low fat cottage cheese (I know you are thinking I’m crazy.. but you couldn’t even tell there wasn’t mayo in it!!!)
- 1 Tablespoon on Honey Mustard
- 2 tsp of lemon juice
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- 1 Tablespoon of Relish (I used sweet relish)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Spinach, and tomato slices (optional)
- 6 slices of whole wheat sandwich bread, toasted
- Using a pastry blender or fork, mash together egg whites and yolks in a large bowl; carefully fold in avocado and relish. Stir in cottage cheese, mustard, and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper.
- Place 3 slices of bread on your table. Evenly divide egg salad among bread slices. Add spinach or tomato, if desired. Top with remaining 3 slices bread. You are good to go!