- Posted on
- 2 Comments
I have been making this for a couple of years now and it is still a family favorite! It is so simple and delicious. Even my little picky eaters will lick their plates clean!
- 1 (12 oz) package jumbo pasta shells
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (15 oz) container low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 (16 oz) low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 8 ounces grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, ricotta, cottage cheese, half the mozzarella, half the Parmesan, Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper until well combined. Stuff cooked shells with ricotta mixture and place in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, stir together pasta sauce, mushrooms and reserved Parmesan. Pour over stuffed shells. Then sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake in preheated oven 45 to 60 minutes, until edges are bubbly.
Serves about 10
(Adapted from All recipes)