- 1 (21.5 ounce) package brownie mix (or favorite homemade brownie recipe*)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) container prepared chocolate frosting (or favorite homemade frosting recipe*)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Prepare brownie mix according to the directions on the package. Spread into prepared baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and cornstarch until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk, egg and vanilla until smooth. Pour cream cheese mixture evenly over brownie batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until top is lightly browned.
- Allow to cool, spread with frosting, and cut into bars. Store covered in refrigerator, or freeze in a single layer for up to 2 weeks.
1 stick margarine (1/2 cup), softened
1/4 cup milk
1-2 tsp vanilla (depending on your taste)
3 tablespoons of cocoa
2-3 cups of powdered sugar
Mix all together and spread on top of cooled cheesecake layer.
Equipment needed for this recipe:
Toffee Pecan Bars
Cake Mix Peanut Butter Bars
Black and White Cheesecake Bars
Loaded Blonde Brownies