- Posted on
- 13 Comments
- 1 (21.5 ounce) package brownie mix (or favorite homemade brownie recipe*)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) container prepared chocolate frosting (or favorite homemade frosting recipe*)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Prepare brownie mix according to the directions on the package. Spread into prepared baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and cornstarch until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk, egg and vanilla until smooth. Pour cream cheese mixture evenly over brownie batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until top is lightly browned. Allow to cool, spread with frosting, and cut into bars. Store covered in refrigerator, or freeze in a single layer for up to 2 weeks.
*I used a brownie mix for the brownie layer, but used my mom's homemade chocolate frosting recipe for the frosting. Here is that recipe if you want to make it:
1/4 cup milk
1-2 tsp vanilla (depending on your taste)
3 tablespoons of cocoa
2-3 cups of powdered sugar
Linking up here.