This simple dish is so easy to throw together, but tastes like something you would order from a local BBQ joint. The meat seriously falls apart when it’s done cooking- no shredding required.
This is definitely my favorite BBQ pork sandwich of all time.
Slow Cooker Smoky BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches (and CouponLynx magazine winner!)
Author: Six Sisters Stuff
- 3-4 pound pork shoulder butt roast (can have bone-in)
- 3 Tablespoons paprika
- 1½ Tablespoons salt
- 1½ Tablespoons pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- ⅓ cup liquid smoke
- 1 (16-20 oz) bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
- Spray the inside of slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray (or use a slow cooker liner).
- Combine paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder, mustard and liquid smoke in a small bowl.
- Rub all over the roast, covering all sides. (Optional: poke your roast with a large fork a couple of times to let the flavors really soak in).
- Place lid on slow cooker and bake on low for 8-10 hours (or high 5-6 hours).
- Shred meat when finished and add bottle of BBQ sauce.
- Serve on buns and enjoy! We love this with a side of potato salad or pasta salad.
You might also enjoy these other slow cooker recipes: