- 2-3 lb. pork roast (I usually get a shoulder because it is cheaper, but any kind will work!)
- 1 onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 2-3 tomatillos, husked and chopped*
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped (optional- I usually don't add this because of my kids)
- 1 (16 oz) jar green salsa
- 1 (4 oz) can green chilis
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp cumin
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place your roast in the slow cooker. Add all other ingredients (I just dump them in right on top of the roast).
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Once finished, shred the roast with two forks (it will literally fall apart).
- Serve on flour tortillas for tacos and add desired toppings.
**Toppings: Lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, cheese, green peppers, jalapenos
Equipment needed for this recipe:
We’ve put together 50 of our favorite family recipes to make dinnertime a breeze!
You can get this eCookbook for just $4.99 (that’s less than ten cents a recipe)!
Get it HERE!