Slow Cooker 7UP Chicken & Rice

This meal has only 5 ingredients and can be thrown together in a matter of minutes!  The 7UP (or Sprite) makes the chicken so moist with a hint of sweetness!

Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Recipe:
(Recipe from Celebrating Home Magazine)
3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used 4)
10.5 oz. can of cream of chicken soup
12 oz. can of 7UP or lemon lime soda
1 c. rice (Minute Rice is best)
1/4 c. chicken broth
Place chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker.  Cover with soup and 7UP.  Cover and cook for 2-3 hours on low.  Add rice and chicken broth and cook for 2-3 more hours until chicken is cooked through.
I originally made this meal in my Bean Pot from Celebrating HomeThis bean pot makes preparing, cooking and serving family meals quick and simple. It is oven, microwave and dishwasher safe!
Any recipe you would make in your slow cooker can be converted to make in your bean pot!  You can put all the ingredients for your next meal in your bean pot and store it in the fridge.  When you get home from work, just pop it in the oven, turn it on and within a few hours you'll have an amazing meal!

This bean pot comes in 9 different colors, shapes or sizes so it is sure to match any home decor!  You can use this pot everywhere in your kitchen, except on the stove top.  You can even brown meat in your microwave using your bean pot from Celebrating Home!

It is perfect for parties or tailgates.  You can put your been pot in the freezer for about 20 minutes and use it as an ice bucket to keep your ice from melting.  You could also freeze the pot for 20 minutes and use it to hold a cold dish such as a potato or pasta salad and it will keep it colder for up to 2 hours!

If you are looking for a way to simplify cooking roasts, lasagna, ribs, dips, vegetables, cakes and everyday meals, then a bean pot from Celebrating Home is perfect for you!

If you would like more information about Celebrating Home and the products they offer, check out their catalog online or contact Rhonda Moore at roemoe2007@yahoo.com.
  1. Ben says:

Hi Six Sisters,
    Another awesome recipe!!! I’ll definitely spread the word! Please keep it comin! I’m always looking for 4-5 ingredient recipes.

P.S.
    I’ve already book marked your post.

2. Harriet says:

I just put the chicken in the corckpot. I am going to add the rice before we leave for SS and worship. The timing should work out perfectly and we can come home to a cool house and a warm lunch. Thanks for the easy recipe.

3. SeReNa says:

I am new to cooking and have a question. I’m getting ready to make this tomorrow and was wondering if I mix the cream of chicken soup with water before putting it over the chicken or if I mix the soup with the 7-up. thank you!

4. Lindsay says:

Made this tonight… 4 adults including myself all thought it was really bland and overall not good. It LOOKED like the picture and I followed the recipe perfect. My brother in law said it tasted like slop you’d get in jail.

• Amy says:

WOW what a mean remark. Just don’t make it again, that should do you. To tell someone that their recipe tasted like slop was a little uncalled for. I don’t know how long ur brother in law has been out of jail(since he knows what the food taste like there) but this does not taste like slop.

• Debbie Tew says:

Good to know. I have all the ingredients out and ready to go but think that I will look for another recipe. I hate when I spend time and money on a recipe and it’s just mediocre.

• Six Sisters says:

I have never tried to freeze this. I am not sure how it would work freezing it with the uncooked rice, but if you cooked it and then packaged it really good to be frozen, it might work. Let us know if you try it. We would love to hear how it goes!

5. Jennifer says:

We tried this last week. It was ok. I would probably change out the cream of chicken for cream of mushroom and use bone in chicken drumsticks and thighs bc they give off some flavorful juices.

6. The chicken was fantastic, but we did think that the rice was too mushy. I will try Uncle Ben’s next time, instead of Minute Rice. I would also put in some herbs next time, too, for a little bit of a flavor punch.

7. devious333 says:

I don’t care for cream of chicken, it is way to salty. How would it taste if I just left it out or is there something else I can use? I have chicken base and chicken bouillon, would it be fine to just use one of those without the cream of chicken?

• Six Sisters says:

Hi Jeanette! Here are the directions for a bean pot:

Place chicken breast in bean pot. Cover with soup and 7up. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 2 hours. Add rice and chicken broth and bake 1 more hour.

Thanks!

8. Feelin Gassy says:

Wow! The recipes look great and all, but I want to comment on the 6 sisters! Holy smokes!! I just want to move to Utah-marry all of you-then rest on Sunday!! I’m just sayin :)

9. CupcakeQueen says:

Hey there! My husband and I are newly married and I was asking my co-workers what they make when they’re in a hurry and one of them recommended me to this site. She did warn me that the recipe was a little bland and that I might want to add some of my own seasonings so I did. My husband likes things spicy so I added some Cajun seasoning and cayenne pepper and garlic powder. I wouldn’t cook the rice in the crockpot because it does get mushy but if you use the minute rice it’ll be quick and easy. Husband says it’s an A+ and to keep this recipe in my file! :)

10. Mrsblocko says:

I made this and wrote about it here. It was an easy meal but I used regular rice and it never cooked quite through. It was much better heated up with a bit of water in the microwave. We also topped ours with mexican jalapeno cheese for a bit of spice.

I wish i could figure out the trick to cooking rice in the crockpot. So far I’ve had miserable luck with it.

Thanks for sharing your recipe.

11. Amelia Bedelia says:

I made this last week and my family loved it! I didn’t have sprite on hand so I used Mountain Dew (yeah, I know). I also had to use brown rice since I was out of white, so during the second half of cooking I turned the temp up to high (because I was afraid the rice wouldn’t get done). It was awesome! And right before serving I added a bag of frozen mixed vegetables. They didn’t need any cooking time since it was so hot. The whole thing was great, IMO. The chicken was so tender! Making it again tonight!

• Cyd says:

It will be fine. Halfway through the cooking you could turn the chicken over and rearrange them in the crock pot

12. TURNIPG says:

Many of the reviews said this was bland & rice gummy so I expounded and added capers, chicken/turkey seasoning, juice/zest of 1 lemon, 3 cloves of garlic pressed, used Uncle Bens reg rice, and boneless thighs instead of breasts (bone in would have even been better). Yum!