Slow Cooker 7UP Chicken & Rice

This meal has only 5 ingredients and can be thrown together in a matter of minutes!  The 7UP (or Sprite) makes the chicken so moist with a hint of sweetness!
Slow Cooker 7UP Chicken & Rice
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Serves: 4
  • 3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used 4)
  • 1 (10.5 oz.) can of cream of chicken soup
  • 12 oz. can of 7UP or lemon lime soda
  • 1 c. rice (Minute Rice is best)
  • ¼ c. chicken broth
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  1. Place chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker. Cover with soup and 7UP. Cover and cook for 2-3 hours on low. Add rice and chicken broth and cook for 2-3 more hours until chicken is cooked through.

Looking for a great Slow Cooker?
You can find our favorite one HERE

Kristen Headshot

Screen shot 2015-04-08 at 4.05.19 PM
We are so excited to announce the release of our new eCookbook:
The Best Freezer Meals from Six Sisters’ Stuff!
Inside you will find 75 of our Tried-and-True Freezer Meal Recipes that our families have loved . . . with easy instructions and tips to help make meal planning and prep a breeze.
Get this ebook for only $4.99!
Click HERE to buy it now.

Like It? Share it!

If you enjoyed this post please consider sharing it with a friend

Family recipes, fun ideas, home projects & so much more!

Sign up for our free email newsletter and never miss another great recipe or tutorial.

I just put the chicken in the corckpot. I am going to add the rice before we leave for SS and worship. The timing should work out perfectly and we can come home to a cool house and a warm lunch. Thanks for the easy recipe.

I am new to cooking and have a question. I’m getting ready to make this tomorrow and was wondering if I mix the cream of chicken soup with water before putting it over the chicken or if I mix the soup with the 7-up. thank you!

Made this tonight… 4 adults including myself all thought it was really bland and overall not good. It LOOKED like the picture and I followed the recipe perfect. My brother in law said it tasted like slop you’d get in jail.

• says

I have never tried to freeze this. I am not sure how it would work freezing it with the uncooked rice, but if you cooked it and then packaged it really good to be frozen, it might work. Let us know if you try it. We would love to hear how it goes!

I don’t care for cream of chicken, it is way to salty. How would it taste if I just left it out or is there something else I can use? I have chicken base and chicken bouillon, would it be fine to just use one of those without the cream of chicken?

Hey there! My husband and I are newly married and I was asking my co-workers what they make when they’re in a hurry and one of them recommended me to this site. She did warn me that the recipe was a little bland and that I might want to add some of my own seasonings so I did. My husband likes things spicy so I added some Cajun seasoning and cayenne pepper and garlic powder. I wouldn’t cook the rice in the crockpot because it does get mushy but if you use the minute rice it’ll be quick and easy. Husband says it’s an A+ and to keep this recipe in my file! :)

I made this and wrote about it here. It was an easy meal but I used regular rice and it never cooked quite through. It was much better heated up with a bit of water in the microwave. We also topped ours with mexican jalapeno cheese for a bit of spice.

I wish i could figure out the trick to cooking rice in the crockpot. So far I’ve had miserable luck with it.

Thanks for sharing your recipe.

7. Amelia Bedelia says

I made this last week and my family loved it! I didn’t have sprite on hand so I used Mountain Dew (yeah, I know). I also had to use brown rice since I was out of white, so during the second half of cooking I turned the temp up to high (because I was afraid the rice wouldn’t get done). It was awesome! And right before serving I added a bag of frozen mixed vegetables. They didn’t need any cooking time since it was so hot. The whole thing was great, IMO. The chicken was so tender! Making it again tonight!

8. TURNIPG says

Many of the reviews said this was bland & rice gummy so I expounded and added capers, chicken/turkey seasoning, juice/zest of 1 lemon, 3 cloves of garlic pressed, used Uncle Bens reg rice, and boneless thighs instead of breasts (bone in would have even been better). Yum!

• Cyd says

Hi Sharon! Go to our recipe index tab on our main blog page. There is a tab called side dishes/vegetables. You should be able to find all kinds of recipes to serve with the 7up chicken and rice. Maybe a green side salad for color. A roll or breadstick. Some type of vegetable dish. Hope this helps!