Breakfast, Muffins, Recipes

Mini Maple Pancake Muffins

I’ve never been very good at making pancakes.  It is always my husband’s job to make the pancakes whenever we cook breakfast.  Every now and then I crave a good pancake, so I decided to give pancake muffins a whirl!  They were a hit, especially with my toddler!

Mini Maple Pancake Muffins Recipe:
(Recipe from Bakerella)

1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
2/3 cup buttermilk
1 egg
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
Generously grease a 24 cup mini muffin pan with non-stick spray.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a medium bowl. Sift together with a wire whisk.  In another bowl, stir buttermilk, egg, maple syrup and melted butter until just combined.  Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir with a spoon until combined.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Reserve a few chips to sprinkle on the tops.  Bake for 8-9 minutes.

Makes 24 mini pancake muffins.

Let cool slightly and remove from the pan. You may need to use a toothpick around the edges to separate the pancake muffins from the pan.
Serve immediately with warmed butter if you like or even just with maple syrup.

I'm Lovin' It at TidyMom

Comments

We love mini muffins in our house! I’ll definitely be making these. And love the tip to use the toothpick to loosen them, I always use a butter knife and feel like that’s scratching up my pan. Thanks!!

• Kathy f says

You can make a buttermilk substitute with equal amount of regular milk plus about a tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice. Let it stand a few minutes and add to recipe!

• Carolyn says

Buttermilk substitutions – to make 1 cup
        Scant 1 cup milk or cream & 1 tablespoon white vinegar or lemon juice, let stand 5-10 min.,
        3/4 cup plain yogurt & 1/4 cup water,
        3/4 cup sour cream &1/4 cup water
        or 1 cup milk & 1 3/4 teaspoons cream of tartar, let stand 5-10 min.

• says

Hi Debra!

I would just keep an eye on them if you are using standard sized muffins. They will probably need to bake for 15-20 minutes or so. Let us know what you think!

2. Hillary says

I just made these this morning, and they were yummy. The only problem was that the chocolate chips sunk to the bottom of the batter. then after they were finished cooking/cooling, they were sort of stuck on the bottom of the pan. so they didn’t look nearly as pretty as yours. I was able to just pick up the chocolate chips and sort of wipe them onto the muffins. They still tasted yummy, but I can’t figure out what I did wrong. Any ideas? I used ghiridellie (no idea how to spell it) chocolate chips, would they have been too heavy?

3. Hillary Larsen says

I may have already made this comment earlier, but I can’t see it, so I’m trying again. so sorry if it posts twice.

I made these this morning and loved them. My only problem was all the chocolate chips sort of sank to the bottom of the batter. So once they baked the chocolate chips sort of got stuck on the bottom of the pan. I was able to pull them off and put them on the bottom of the muffin, but they didn’t look pretty. But tasted yummy. Suggestions on what I may have done wrong?

4. Janet says

Just made them for breakfast. Left out the chocolate chips (allergy to soy). They are so good. My girly loves them. Will be making again.