Out West they have a Fresh Mexican Restaurant called Cafe Rio and it was my favorite place to go! My two year old had a birthday so we invited some friends over for a Cafe Rio dinner! It was so delicious and it worked out perfect for a group! Here is what we ate…
– 8 oz (light or fat free) Italian dressing – about half a bottle
– 1 Tablespoon cumin
– 1 Tablespoon chili powder
– 3lbs frozen chicken breasts
1. Mix cumin, chili powder & dressing in bowl
2. Place frozen chicken breasts in crock pot
3. Pour mixture over chicken & cover
4. Cook on high for 5 hrs or on low for 7 to 8. Shred chicken in the crockpot and mix it well.
Cafe Rio Cilantro Rice Recipe:
– 2 cups uncooked brown rice
– 2 cups chopped cilantro
– 1 cup salsa verde (green salsa)
– 1 bunch green onions
– 4 cups of water
– A Pinch of Salt
Wash and chop the cilantro. Mix the cilantro with 2 cups of water and pour in the pan for cooking the rice. Add two more cups of water, the salt, Salsa Verde, and onion. Bring to a boil. Stir in the rice in the boiling water. Cover and turn down heat to very low; steam for 30 minutes. Makes about 10 servings.
Put it all together with Toppings:
– Cook whole wheat burrito tortillas on non-greased skillet 10-15 seconds on each side
– Put Chicken, Cilantro Rice, black beans, avocado, lowfat cheese, cilantro, tomatoes, (I also added red pepper, green onions and spinach) inside of tortilla.
– Add anything else you like (fat free sour cream, salsa, etc.)
– Roll up your tortilla and eat your delicious and healthy Cafe Rio Burrito!