Asian Food, Recipes, Side Dish

Chinese Fried Rice Recipe

If you’re looking for an Asian inspired side dish, then you’ll definitely want to try this!  It is so simple to make and full of flavor.

Chinese Fried Rice Recipe:
(Recipe from Life as a Lofthouse)

3 cups cooked white rice (I used Minute Rice)
3 Tbl. sesame oil
1 cup frozen peas and carrots (thawed)
1 small onion, chopped
2 tsp. minced garlic
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 cup soy sauce

On medium high heat, heat the oil in a large skillet or wok. Add the peas/carrots mix, onion and garlic. Stir fry until tender. Lower the heat to medium low and push the mixture off to one side, then pour your eggs on the other side of skillet and stir fry until scrambled. Now add the rice and soy sauce and blend all together well. Stir fry until thoroughly heated.

Optional: You could add diced ham and green onions to this depending on your preference.

Comments

I just pinned this! It looks so easy and so YUMMY! I love chinese fried rice…I may need to make this TONIGHT! :) I love your blog…I get so many yummy recipes from you and pin so many!!! Yay.

This was very easy and yummy. I made it with a mixed medley of frozen veggies (it was all I had) and olive oil instead of sesame oil (again, all I had). Then, I added shredded chicken to make it a complete meal. It was wonderful! And very fast. Thanks for sharing!!!

Can’t WAIT to try this! Dear Son LOVES Chinese food, and I just cannot afford it very often on my budget, so to be able to make it myself?.. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!… Have a great weekend! ~tina

I made this tonight. Super easy, kids ate it and asked for seconds, enough said! This recipe has made the cut into the official meal planning binder.
    ~Becki

This is a great recipe! Very much like mine. I use pork loin chops, and omit the carrots is all. Prepare it just the same as here. My hubby loves it! There are just the two of us at home now. This freezes very well, and in fact tastes better after it’s been frozen. So it’s a perfect ‘freezer meal’ for us! Thanks for all your great recipes!

6. Amelia says

I am making this for the 3rd time. I have tried many recipes from Six Sisters & they are all yummy. This is something I make double of and bring a batch over to my parents, they love it too!