My husband and I love Chinese take out, but we don’t love all the calories that come with it. This Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken tastes good enough to come from a restaurant but you don’t even have to leave the house to get it!
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1½ cup cornstarch
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Place cornstarch and beaten eggs in separate bowls. Dip chicken into cornstarch then coat in egg mixture.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken until browned.
- Place the chicken in a 9 x 13 greased baking dish.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, ketchup, vinegars, soy sauce and garlic salt. Pour over chicken and bake for one hour.
Our favorite way to dress up this meal? Bamboo chopsticks and placemats!
Looking for more Asian-inspired food?