Slow Cooker Three Envelope Pot Roast Sliders Recipe

If you are looking for a flavorful roast recipe, look no further! This roast is so moist and delicious. Your house will smell amazing all day with this cooking in your crock pot! You can eat the roast as you would any other or shred it and eat it on sandwiches.
Slow Cooker Three Envelope Pot Roast Sliders Recipe:
(Recipe adapted from Plain Chicken)
Roast:
1 3-4 lb beef roast
1 cup water
1 cup salsa
1 envelope onion soup mix
1 envelope Italian dressing mix
1 envelope Au Jus mixWhisk together water, salsa and seasoning packets. Place roast in slow cooker. Pour seasoning mixture over roast. Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or high for 4-5 hours.

If you want to make sliders:
Three Envelope Pot Roast recipe (above), shredded
1 pkg. King's Hawaiian Rolls
Sliced Swiss cheese (1 slice per slider)
Creamy Chipotle Sauce (recipe below)
Cut each roll in half and place on a baking sheet. Place a slice of Swiss cheese on the bottom half of each roll. Place baking sheet in oven with broiler on low. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until edges of the rolls are golden and cheese has melted (be sure to watch them closely so they don't burn!). Remove baking sheet from oven.
Place a spoonful of shredded beef on top of each roll with Swiss cheese on it. Spread Creamy Chipotle sauce on the top half of each roll. Assemble each slider by placing the top half of the roll on top of the bottom.
Creamy Chipotle Sauce:
1/4 cup sour cream (I used fat free)
2 Tbsp chili sauce
2 tsp creamy horseradish sauce (I used Kraft)
I'm Lovin' It at TidyMom
Tip Junkie handmade projects
Today's Creative Blog
Summary
Recipe Name
Slow Cooker Three Envelope Pot Roast Sliders Recipe
Published On
Preparation Time
Cook Time
Total Time
Review
2.5 Based on 28 Review(s)
  1. I’m sorry, but how can you call it chipotle sauce if it doesn’t actually have chipotle in it? I would just put Cholula Chipotle sauce mixed in with sour cream. :/ Other than that, the recipe sounds delish!!!

• T says:

If you go to the original source recipe, you will see that the cook used 1 t. adobe sauce from chipotle peppers in place of the 2T of chili sauce, which was a suggestion to use if you would not like your sauce quite so ‘hot’….hence the chipotle sauce name of the recipe ;-)

• MrsFowler1069 says:

lol Thanks for clarifying. I had the same question….and would definitely prefer the spicier version. The recipe sounds good, though! Thank you for sharing.

• Annette says:

Ketchup with horseradish, sometimes a dash of Worstcheshire sauce (same as for shrimp cocktail sauce) forgive my spelling…lol

2. Unknown says:

This was so easy and so good. Not quite sure why the cup of water though…Will do about 1/4-1/2 cup next time to see how that works. The “chipotle” sauce was really good and I am not a spicy person. Not a swiss person either so I used provolone but DH used swiss. Super easy and delish! Will be making in my CP to take to Nascar this year!

3. Amy says:

Found this on Pinterest and made it today. LOVED it! I also love your site. I have four other sisters so I understand how much love there is to share. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe.

4. Blugrrl says:

sounds delicious… can anyone comment as to saltiness? My DH mentioned it seemed it might be, what with an enevelope each of the 3 ingreds, with just 1 cup of water. Thoughts?

• Corey says:

OMG! I have this cooking right now and it smells really good, however when I took a sip of the juices….UGH it is SO SO SALTY. I’m really disappointed. :( I just peeled a potato and stuck in, hopping that it will absorb some of the salt. I think I’ll add some more water too, even though there’s a TON of juices in the pot already. I’m really hopping to save this one. :-/

• Janice says:

I wondered the same thing. First thing I thought when reading the ingred list. I know onion soup and italian seasoning and au jous packets are all sky high in sodium.

5. Corey says:

I thought I should come back with an update…I did add the potato to the crockpot and then about another 3/4 cup of water and it seemed to help quite a bit. Still salty, but not nearly as bad. I also went ahead and took some of the juices out of the pot, made a roux and then added the juices to make a thicker gravy. My husband prefers it that way. So all in all, I think the meal is saved.
    I’m wondering what brand of Italian dressing mix you all use? I’m wondering if that is the problem? I’m using Good Seasons Zesty Italian. I used it in another recipe (Italian Chicken) and thought that one was rather salty as well. Maybe I need to find another brand? or some other substitute??

6. Cathy Colomb says:

I just made this. My daughter has already tried it and says it is perfect!! I used the regular Italian dressing packet not the zesty and it is not salty tasting. I used the store bought Kraft Chipotle Mayo and she said it was fine but wants to try the making the sauce in the recipe next time. YUMMY!! Thanks for the recipe.

7. Michelle says:

I made this last night for supper, and it was yummy. I didn’t use “store bought” onion soup mix, but my homemade version and I didn’t think it was salty. I might make the sauce a little spicier next time or maybe use a hot salsa. I serve them with carmelized onions. They were super messy – finger lickin’ good! I believe this will become my standby potroast recipe as well.

8. Nikki Willis says:

Found this recipe on Pinterest and love, love, love it. I’m not always a fan of pot roast because it is usually on the dry side and needs a boost of flavor. This is delicious and full of flavor. I will definitely be making this in the future.

9. Six Sisters says:

@Charw22,

It makes about 12-15 sliders. It depends on the size of your roast and how much meat you put on each sandwich. If you got a bigger roast it would go further. There is enough liquid that it wouldn’t dry out. Hope this helps!

10. tammyt says:

Thank you for sharing this recipe on Pinterest, my sister had it last night and gave me the recipe. I made it this morning for dinner tonight with a frozen roast. It was tender, juicy, dripping fabulous. My kids and neighbor girl loved it and I took a couple of sandwiches over to a neighbor who was so appreciative she wants the recipe too. I couldn’t find the hawaiian rolls so i just got some little hard rolls Was fabulous. Thank you again

11. PRUNELLA says:

I agree with Corey…this was waaaaay too salty. Whoooo! It had great flavor and the meat was falling apart tender…I just shredded it with two forks right inside the crock…but the salt factor was overwhelming. I want to make this again, but would like suggestions on how to minimize the salt. Anybody?

• Sharon says:

One reply from the blogger states “I just use my generic store brand Italian Seasoning.” That’s very different from a packet of Italian dressing mix… Also could try using low sodium beef broth instead of the water and packet of au jus…

12. I made this yesterday and it was so good! Easy and scrumptious!! I used adobo sauce instead of chili sauce and the combination of everything really mellowed out the heat! I will be making this again for sure!!

13. Brittany says:

I made these last week and they were sooo good, even our 18m old daughter ate one! we ate almost the whole package of rolls lol there was only 2 left ! My grandmother even asked for the recipe, so thats a BIG complement since shes be best cook i know :)

14. Valerie Barr says:

Has anyone tried this with a pork roast? I have one in my freezer and I’m looking for a good recipe for it. My husband HATES traditional pot roast (Mom made it way too much when he was a kid), so I need something to wow him. Thoughts?

• Six Sisters says:

15. Dena Rogers says:

I adapted this recipe for Venison Sliders as my husband is a avid hunter and deer is always plentiful at our house. I’m a bit picky though and not especially crazy about the “wild” taste so when I come across a recipe that I think will hide it, I get excited. This did just the job! It’s wonderful, my whole family loved it. I will definitely be making it a lot more. I hope you don’t mind that I reblog it (giving you credit of course) as a venison dish. If you do, please let me know. http://blakestr.blogspot.com

16. I made this for dinner tonight and it was delicious!!! I used regular size hawaiian buns and mozzarella cheese. I didn’t think it was too salty. I used store brand onion soup mix and Italian dressing mix. The au jus wasn’t store brand but it was a cheapy brand.

17. Aly says:

I made this tonight and it was delish! I’m not much of a meat eater and was pleasantly surprised! We didn’t do the sandwiches, we just sliced up the meat and served it up. Thanks, girls, for sharing!

18. MMchugh says:

Just made these. Left my pot roast in the slow cooker for about 10 hours. The longer the better as it just falls apart. Instead of the 3 packets I simply used McCormicks pot roast seasoning pack since that is what I always use. THESE WERE DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!

19. I used the 3 packets, salsa, and added a little more water than called for. For the sauce I mixed equal parts mayo and sour cream and added a few squirts of sriracha. The sauce on the sliders was excellent!

20. I used the 3 packets, salsa, and added a little more water than called for. For the sauce I mixed equal parts mayo and sour cream and added a few squirts of sriracha. The sauce on the sliders was excellent!

21. Unknown says:

These were soooo good!!! I forgot to get salsa, so I just used a small can of tomato sauce, plus I threw in a sliced onion. The sauce is super yummy and I don’t know how people thought they were too salty, I actually ended up adding more salt after shredding the beef. My super picky 5 year old even loved them, so this recipe is definitely a keeper!!

• Six Sisters says:

We have used all kinds. Sirloin tip was yummy. Some of the fatter cuts turn out very moist. If you have a favorite type of roast you may want to stick with that. Thanks for the question. Hope it helps.

22. KDL says:

I made this as one of my freezer meals. Prepared the sauce and poured over meat, then froze. I cooked it last night and it was simply A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! So delicious! IF (BIG IF–haha) you have leftovers, which we had a little, we made omelets the next morning with the meat. Oh, melt in your mouth goodness.

23. Jennifer says:

I made these on Friday night for my mother in law’s birthday dinner. They were absolutely delicious! Everyone raved over them, and were surprised they actually liked the sauce on top. Very good as leftovers at work today as well. Thank you, this recipe is a keeper!

24. Cindy says:

This was good. But very Salty!!!
    I would want to make this again, But…. How would you cut down on the Salt????

• Jeanne says:

Someone else replies to use 1/2 of each packet.
      I think I will try the low sodum beef broth.

• Cyd says:

Just go to the home page on our blog and then click on categories. Scroll down to side dishes and vegetables. There are so many potato and vegetable dishes that would go great with these pot roast sliders. The salad category is full of great sidedishes too.

25. Penny says:

The first time I tried this recipe was for New Years Day dinner. I did not use the suggested envelopes but made my own. Turned out GREAT. My 10 and 8 year old loves it!!

26. CLX says:

I just made these for Christmas dinner, and they were oh so good! The family loved them. Yes the juices were on the salty side but I didn’t keep the meat in all of the juices after shredding. I actually took most of the juices out and left just enough in the crockpot with the beef to keep it moist while it continued warming. Was delish!

I’m making them again for a potluck with our friends! Thanks so much for sharing.

27. Jared says:

I’ve made this several times and it’s always a hit. In fact, during potlucks, it is often requested.

For the chipotle sauce, Fresh & Easy has an awesome chipotle grilling glaze that I just mix in with some sour cream and it’s delicious.

28. Melissa says:

Made this last night and it was oh so good. I swear, I don’t like to change a recipe the first time I try it but I am a picky eater and I don’t do swiss or horseradish. Sooo, I made my sauce using mayo, dried onion flakes, wickles pickles relish and chalulah hot sauce… yes, it was reminiscent of that special sauce from the place with the golden arches but oh so much better, not so sweet and it had a great kick! I replaced the swiss with sharp white cheddar. Even with these major changes these sliders were a major hit with the family. I did butter/herb roasted red potatoes and steamed broccoli to go along with it. Found this recipe on a list of “Man Pleasing Meals” and it sure did live up to the name. My guys were very pleased with this and quite vocal about it, which of course makes me very happy :)