Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Pork Chops and Potatoes

I love quick and easy slow cooker meals and this is seriously as easy as it gets!
Elyse shared a Ranch Pork Roast recipe a long time ago and so I modified it to what I had available in my pantry and this dish was born! The pork chops literally fell apart when you cut into them and the extra sauce made a perfect gravy. Easy dinner at it’s finest!

Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Pork Chops and Potatoes
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Serves: 6 servings
These pork chops literally fell apart when you cut into them and the extra sauce made a perfect gravy. Easy dinner at it’s finest!
  • 4-6 pork chops
  • 6-8 medium potatoes, chopped into large pieces
  • 2 cans fat-free cream of chicken soup*
  • 2 packages dry Ranch dressing mix*
  • 1 cup milk
  • Dried parsley to sprinkle on top (optional)
  1. Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and put potatoes on the bottom. Place the pork chops on top of the potatoes. Mix together the condensed soups, Ranch dressing mix and milk. Pour on top of the pork chops and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours.
  2. Use the extra sauce in the slow cooker as a gravy for the potatoes and the pork chops. Sprinkle with dried parsley if you want.

Items needed for this recipe:

Sweets and Treats Cover

We’re so excited to announce that our 4th cookbook is available for SALE!!!
Sweets and Treats with Six Sisters’ Stuff
This cookbook is all our very favorite recipes: DESSERTS!
Get it HERE.

Like It? Share it!

If you enjoyed this post please consider sharing it with a friend

Family recipes, fun ideas, home projects & so much more!

Sign up for our free email newsletter and never miss another great recipe or tutorial.

• Anon says

I know this might be hard to fathom, but recipes that involve so few ingredients – particularly since this one involves two very common prepared foods to use in a crock pot – are often arrived at independently. Something similar to this was probably created decades ago, not by picky palate. Perhaps get off your internet high horse. The source that THIS PARTICULAR blogger adapted this recipe from was cited. Your baseless accusations are unhelpful.

Aside from that, after googling the recipe you refer to, this recipe is in fact different enough from picky palate’s to be considered an unique creation.

Hi there! Thanks so much for sharing this AND the homemade versions of the soup and dressing mixes! I do have a question: I know flour sometimes breaks down over time in a crock. Has anyone tried making this with the homemade soup mix, and can you add the soup at the beginning of the recipe as you would canned? It we definitely be great if so, but I could also stir it in later if needed. Just wondering if anyone has tried it and how it worked. Thanks so much and I love your site!

I’m so glad I found this on Pinterest! I usually just use cream of mushroom soup, but the cream of chx and ranch was really good! I used one packet of ranch seasoning and one of the homemade version. Pork chops were tender and delish. This had my place smelling so good while it cooked and I couldn’t wait to eat!

• NicoleAnn says

It sounds like you didn’t cook the dish long enough. I thought the pork was amazing but you do have to monitor the cooking time. The pork temperature will register at 165º but still seem tough. During the last hour of cooking the meat will become tender and potatoes will finish cooking. Every slow cooker is a bit different, try increasing the cook time an hour.

3. Heather says

I made this last night for dinner. I did end up cooking it longer because the potatoes were not done. My kids were not happy about waiting past regular dinner time. However, it was so yummy! I added baby carrots and a little chicken broth as well. It was worth the wait. I will just start earlier or cook on high for the same time as was suggested for low setting.

4. Jenetta says

I’ve been told not to freeze uncooked potatoes as they don’t freeze well. And so…. I’m wondering the same as LavenderDiamond above…. Can I freeze this in a freezer bag and cook in a crockpot later?

5. Emily says

I put this in my crock pot this morning. I just panicked a little because I just read that you put your potatoes on bottom. My pork chops are on bottom and potatoes on top. Hopefully it turns out ok!

6. Kristen says

The flavor is good,though a little too salty and I dont get a distinct ranchy flavor even with two packets. Also, next time I may just use 1 can of soup, I am a saucy girl but I feel like it was a lot.

7. Melissa says

Thank you so much for adding the from scratch instructions for the soup and ranch mix. I added some frozen baby peas at the end too. This turned out fantastic. A family favorite. :-)

8. Heather says

I tried this today but used one can mushroom soup and one chicken, also put onions one top and a lil cayenne pepper. Will see how it goes. Also just one pack ranch.

• Cyd says

Hi Nancy, you should be fine. Since the potatoes are cut into large pieces, you could kind of stir it around a little so some of them go under the pork chops. Hope this helps!! Have a great day!