I had seen a couple of recipes for Italian soup that I wanted to try, so I took my favorite things from each recipe and threw this together. It was quick to make and the whole family loved it! Perfect for warming you up on a cold day, plus it’s loaded with vegetables, so it fills you right up!
Quick Italian Turkey Soup Recipe
Author: Six Sisters Stuff
- 1-2 T olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T dry Italian seasoning
- 1 t salt
- ½ t pepper
- 1 (15 oz) can stewed tomatoes, Italian style
- 1 (15 oz) can Great Northern white beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 (14 oz) cans low sodium beef broth
- 1 t dry oregano
- 1 T dried parsley
- 1 cup cooked rotini (or any kind of pasta)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 (10 oz) package fresh spinach (about 5 cups), chopped (I chopped it into very small pieces)
- Grated Parmesan cheese (I like fresh the best)
- Pour olive oil into large stock pot and turn on burner to medium-high heat.
- When oil it hot, add onions, garlic, ground turkey, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Cook until turkey is completely cooked.
- Add canned tomatoes (including juice), beans, carrots, zucchini, broth, parsley and oregano.
- Reduce heat to simmer and simmer for 10-15 minutes (or until carrots and zucchini are cooked).
- Add spinach and stir until wilted.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Top each serving with Parmesan cheese.
You might also enjoy these soup recipes: