Join us on Facebook and Twitter for our latest recipes and projects!My husband and I have been trying to watch what we eat and make healthier choices, but I can’t live without treats! These cookies were so tasty and only have 2 tablespoons of butter in the whole batch! They are lower in calories than the cookies we usually eat, but you never would have guessed by how delicious they were. We’ve got a new favorite cookie in our house!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbl. unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup unpacked brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick oats
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°; line two baking sheets with parchment paper or use a silpat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, with a mixer, cream together the butter and the sugars on medium speed.
- Add the egg, followed by the applesauce and vanilla extract.
- Working by hand, stir in the flour mixture and the oats until just combined and no streaks of flour remain; stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls (approx 1 Tbl. each) of the dough onto prepared baking sheets, flattening each cookie slightly.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until cookies become light brown at the edges.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 3 or 4 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container so you don't eat them all in one sitting!
Weight Watcher’s Information:
Servings: 15 • Serving Size: 2 cookies • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 pts
Calories: 190 • Fat: 6.3 g • Protein: 2.6 g • Carb: 34.2 g • Fiber: 2.0 g • Sugar: 19.3 g
We’ve put together 50 of our favorite family recipes to make dinnertime a breeze!
You can get this eCookbook for just $4.99 (that’s less than ten cents a recipe)!
Get it HERE!