- 6 oz Ronzoni Smart taste noodles (or no-yolk)
- 2 tsp oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 12 oz fresh broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 bunch green onions
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 12 oz cooked shredded chicken breast
- 4 oz shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar (Sargento)
- cooking spray
- 3 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp seasoned breadcrumbs (I used Italian bread crumbs)
- Cook noodles in salted water until al dente, or slightly undercooked by 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add garlic and cook on medium heat until golden, about 1 minute. Add the broccoli and a little salt, saute and cover the broccoli for about 3 minutes on medium heat until the broccoli begins to soften. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Lightly spray a 9 x 12 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large pot, heat butter over medium-low heat, when melted add the green onions and cook until soft, 2-3 minutes. Add the flour and a pinch of salt and stir well, cooking an additional 2-3 minutes on medium-low heat.Slowly whisk in the chicken broth until well combined over medium heat; whisk well for 30 seconds, then add the milk and bring to a boil. Simmer on medium heat, mixing occasionally until it thickens (about 6-7 minutes).
- Remove from heat and add reduced fat sharp cheddar and 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese; mix well until the cheese melts.Add the shredded chicken, noodles and broccoli to the sauce and mix well until evenly coated.
- Pour into a casserole dish and top with Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs. Spray a little more cooking spray on top and bake for about 20 - 25 minutes. Place the casserole under the broiler a few minutes to get the crumbs crisp and golden (careful not to burn).
**Freezer Meal Instructions: Before Casserole is cooked, put it into a foil pan. Cover with foil and throw in the Freezer. To cook you can either put the frozen casserole into the fridge 24 hours in advance and cook it for 20 -25 minutes... Or you can can put it straight into the oven frozen for about 40 minutes or until it is cooked all the way through.
French Onion Chicken Noodle Casserole
Pesto Chicken Pasta Bake
Spinach and Mushroom Pasta Casserole
Zesty Pizza Casserole
Southwest Pasta Bake