- Brownie layer:
- 1 brownie mix, prepared as directed on package
- Cherry-Chocolate layer:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks, chopped into small pieces (chips would work too)
- 1 (6 ounce) jar of maraschino cherries
- Chocolate layer:
- 2¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup butter
- Prepare brownies and bake as directed on the box. Let cool.
- In the bowl of a mixer, combine butter and 4-5 tablespoons of juice from the maraschino cherries. Beat until the butter is smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar and beat until combined.
- Increase mixer speed to medium high and beat for about a minute and a half. Remove cherries from the jar and give them a rough chop (you can use as many as you liked- I used about ½ cup of chopped cherries, which was the whole jar). Roughly chop your chocolate chunks and fold it into the filling with the cherries. Spread over the top of cooled brownies.
- Melt chocolate chips and butter together in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, and repeat for 30 more seconds. Continue to do this until chocolate is smooth and melted. Spread over cherry-chocolate layer. Let set up until hardened (stick in the fridge if you need them set up faster) and then cut and serve.
Here are a few of our favorite:
Chocolate Turtle Brownies
Chocolate Orange Brownies
Rocky Road Brownies
We’ve put together 50 of our favorite family recipes to make dinnertime a breeze!
You can get this eCookbook for just $4.99 (that’s less than ten cents a recipe)!
Get it HERE!