Braided Pizza Loaf Recipe

Once again, my pregnant body is craving pizza (we are averaging pizza for 2 meals a week these days...yikes, I know). I came up with a new twist on pizza that my whole family loved!
Braided Pizza Loaf Recipe:
1 roll refrigerated pizza dough
1/2 c. marinara/pizza sauce

1 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese, grated
Pizza toppings of your choice: ie, ham and pineapple, pepperoni slices, sausage, etc.
2 Tbl. grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbl. olive oil or melted butter
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Unroll pizza dough on a greased baking sheet. Spread marinara sauce down the middle of your dough.
Add mozzarella cheese and toppings of your choice.
Cut 1 inch diagonal strips up each side of the dough.
Fold 1 inch strips up and over pizza filling, alternating sides to get a braided look. Brush the tops of the braided dough with olive oil or melted butter (I've used both and there's not much difference in result) and then sprinkle with the garlic, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese (I mixed all of these together and then sprinkled on top).
Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cook for a few minutes then cut into slices and serve.

Enjoy!
Tip Junkie handmade projects
Today's Creative Blog
  1. Sarah says:

Oh my goodness! I remember making this in our foods class in high school and I still remember how GOOD and DELICIOUS it was! Glad you resurfaced that memory for me!

2. Charley says:

oohhh I’m sooo trying this next time!!
    Do you use all-purpose flour in your dough? I switched to 00 grade flour in my pizza dough and it makes such a difference. Our favourite topping is caramelised onion and goats cheese.

3. Aimee says:

Mmmm this looks so good. We eat pizza so much, and I dont have a pregnancy to excuse myself for that. we’ve made a goal to not eat pizza for 3 weeks, because normally we have it twice a week, but once we are done I will most definitely be making this. Yum!

lmld.org

4. I made this on Friday night for my family and they LOVED it! My canned pizza dough was expired (embarrassingly so) but I used my favorite quick, easy dough recipe and rolled it out into a rectangular shape and it worked great! Everyone said it was better than take out pizza. Definitely a keeper!

5. Mia Albert says:

We love this unique concept for pizza! We weren’t big fans of the pre made refrigerated pizza dough, so next time we will use homemade dough, but we WILL be making this again!

6. Tina C says:

I just found this recipe, (I know, I know, it’s been up for over a year) Anyway, I am looking forward to trying it but was wondering if it freezes well? Can I make them ahead of time and freeze them for a rainy day (so to speak)? If so, would you bake it first and then freeze? Thanks!

• Cyd says:

We have not frozen it, but we don’t know why it wouldn’t work. May be a little soggy from sauce, but not much. Let us know if it works. Always nice to have meals prepared that you can tuck away and pull out in short notice. :)