We LOVE pink at my house and my 4-year-old daughter really wanted to make “Pinkalicious” cupcakes. Inspired by Madewithlovebyme, I wanted to make these cupcakes extra special by cooking a heart into them. Well, after 3 failed attempts, (the heart would float to the top or I couldn’t cut them open just right to actually see the heart) I tried a different approach. I decided to put a heart on the bottom of the cupcake. That way you don’t have to tell everyone to eat them the correct way so they actually see the heart because they will be able to see it right on the bottom!
- 1 white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- food coloring (red)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put cake mix in a bowl and add the eggs, water, and vegetable oil. Then split the batter into 2 bowls. 2/3 of the batter in one bowl and the other 1/3 of batter in another bowl. Add red food coloring the each bowl. The bowl with 2/3 of the batter make it light pink. The bowl with 1/3 of the batter make dark pink.
- The bowl of 1/3 dark pink batter pour into a greased 9 x 13 in ch pan. Cook for 10 minutes checking often. You want it done but not burned. Then let it cool completely.
- If you have a small heart shaped cookie cutter that would work perfect, but if not you need to cut heart shapes out of your cooked cake using a sharp knife.
- Next put cupcake liners in your muffin tin. I sprayed my liners with non-stick cooking spray so the cupcake would come out easier. Next put one heart on the bottom of your cake liner and fill the rest with the light pink cake batter... like you usually do when making cupcakes.
- Cook for about 18 minutes.
- Cool before frosting.
We’ve put together 50 of our favorite family recipes to make dinnertime a breeze!
You can get this eCookbook for just $4.99 (that’s less than ten cents a recipe)