This recipe can easily be made into a freezer meal that literally takes only a couple of minutes to prepare – just read the instructions of the recipe for directions on how to make this a quick and easy freezer meal!
And if you are looking for more easy and delicious freezer meals, be sure to check out our newest ebook:
The Best Freezer Meals from Six Sisters’ Stuff!
Inside you will find 75 of our Tried-and-True Freezer Meal Recipes that our families have loved . . . with easy instructions and tips to help make meal planning and prep a breeze.
Get this ebook for only $4.99!
Click HERE to buy it now.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (thighs would be fine too)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (could also use olive oil or canola oil)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional - doesn't really add heat, just adds more flavor)
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 6 Tablespoons water
- Sesame seeds
- Spray crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Season both sides of chicken with lightly with salt and pepper, put into crock pot.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, garlic and pepper flakes. Pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high 1½ – 2½ hours, or just until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from crock pot, leave sauce. Dissolve 4 teaspoons of cornstarch in 6 tablespoons of water and pour into crock pot. Stir to combine with sauce. Replace lid and cook sauce on high for ten more minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces, then return to pot and toss with sauce before serving. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve over rice or noodles.
- *You can also sprinkle more red pepper flakes on top if you want more heat.
When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Pour contents of bag inside the slow cooker.
Cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high 1½ – 2½ hours, or just until chicken is cooked through.
Recipe adapted from: Baby Center
Looking for more of our favorite slow cooker recipes? Check out these ones:
Black Bean and Corn Salsa Chicken
Kung Pao Chicken
8 Can Taco Soup
Salsa Verde Chicken
Chicken Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches