Chocolate, Cookies, Dessert, Snacks

Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispies Treats

Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispie Treats

Join us on Facebook for our latest recipes and projects!

Once again, my love of all things peanut butter and chocolate took over and I had no control. I am doing pretty well with the 8-Week Challenge, but this little treat here was my weakness. I might not have won the competition last week between my sisters . . .
but these were totally worth it.
They are incredible!
I don’t think that I will ever eat regular Rice Krispies Treats again!

Reese’s Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats
Source: Sweet Basil

1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Corn Syrup
1 1/3 Creamy Peanut Butter
4 1/4 Cup Rice Krispies
1 Pinch of Salt
4 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, chopped (or 12 bite-sized Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups)
1/2 cup Chocolate Chips

In a large sauce pan over medium heat, melt the sugar, corn syrup, and peanut butter until smooth and evenly combined.
Remove from heat.
Quickly add the salt and cereal and stir to combine thoroughly. Add the chocolate chips and stir again. Wait about 1 min and add the candy, quickly folding the mixture together so as to not smash up the candy.

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drop rounded tablespoons onto the sheet. Let cool (or you can eat them while they are warm and gooey- try and resist them!) and enjoy!

I got about 30 Rice Krispy “balls” out of this recipe- it just depends what size you make them.

Comments

• Brenda Boudreaux Jones says

The Reese’s peanut butter treats are delicious. I made them this morning. Makes about 95 small treats.

Camille, what are you doing posting stuff like this during the 8 week challenge? You are totally ruining my good intentions! I already want chocolate and sweets so bad anyway! Gah!

Definitely worth cheating on the diet for:-) These are amazing sounding…I even have reeses in my cupboard for such a recipe like this!!!! Thank you for sharing!!!!

3. Laura says

I made these at Christmas and they failed to hold together. They need to have the marshmallows or zomething for them to hold together….
    was this left out of the recipe?

• J Shah says

Laura, I haven’t made these yet since I am just reading this now.

My thought is maybe you can roll them a little with oiled hands to help them stick together better instead of just dropping onto the pan. One reason Rice Krispy treats stay together so well is because they are pressed into the pan, therefore creating a tighter bond.

• Renee says

I had the same issue with them not holding together. I ended up throwing it in a pan, but they still didn’t really stick unfortunately.