20 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- For the Crust:
- 1 cup flour, plus more for dusting
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoons skim milk
- For the Filling:
- 2 small russet potatoes
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 5 medium carrots, cut into large chunks
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pulse the flour, baking powder and salt in a food processor until combined.
- Add the butter, one piece at a time, pulsing until the mixture looks like coarse meal.
- Separate the egg; refrigerate the egg white. Beat the egg yolk and milk in a bowl, then add to the food processor, pulsing until the dough comes together.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and gather into a ball. Flatten into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and chill at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prick the potatoes with a fork and bake directly on the oven rack until tender, about 45 minutes. Cool slightly, then peel and break into small pieces (I placed mine in the microwave for about 5 minutes each instead of the oven and it worked just fine).
- Bring the chicken broth and carrots to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook 2 minutes; cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the flour and stir until lightly toasted, about 3 minutes. Add the milk, celery, potato pieces and the warm broth mixture and simmer until thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chicken, yogurt, peas and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the filling to a 2-quart casserole dish, or two pie tins. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until about 1/2 inch thick and slightly larger than the dish.
- Beat the reserved egg white in a bowl; brush over the dough and season with salt and pepper. Press the dough against the sides of the dish. Place on a baking sheet and bake until the crust is golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
Looking for other delicious dinner recipes?
Here are a few of our favorite:
20-Minute Taco Salad Casserole
Chicken Fajita Quesadillas
Easy Gnocchi Casserole
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Pork Roast
Mediterranean Flatbread Pizza
We’ve put together 50 of our favorite slow cooker recipes to make dinnertime a breeze!
You can get this eCookbook for just $4.99 (that’s less than ten cents a recipe)!
Get it HERE!