A delicious way to spice up your dinner - they flavor is amazing and you would never know that these drumsticks are actually quite healthy!
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 8 medium chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- non-stick cooking spray (I used Pam)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha hot sauce* (more or less to taste- I used about 1/2 Tbsp and it was perfect for me)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 teaspoon sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoon chives or scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- In a heavy large skillet pan, brown chicken on high for 3-4 minutes with a little spray oil. Add water, balsamic, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, ginger, hot sauce and cook on high until liquid comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for about 20 minutes. Remove cover and bring heat to high, allowing sauce to reduce down, about 8-10 minutes, until it becomes a thick glaze, turning chicken occasionally. (Keep an eye on glaze, you don't want it to burn when it start becoming thick).
- Transfer chicken to a platter and pour glaze on top. Top with chives/scallions and sesame seeds and serve. We served it with some rice and broccoli . . . it was delicious!
Each drumstick has about 200 calories.
*Sriracha hot sauce is available at most grocery stores and Wal-Mart. It is a Thai chili sauce with amazing flavor. It cost me about $3 for a huge bottle of it and it is totally worth it. The flavor it adds is so yummy.
Recipe Source: Skinny Taste