Fresh Food Friday, Snacks

Fresh Food Friday: 100 Healthy Snack Ideas

100+Healthy+Snack+Ideas[1]

Join our page on Facebook for our latest recipes and projects!
Happy Friday!
Are you doing the 8-Week Challenge with us?
I did pretty well this week . . . I have only caved on one day to a sugary treat (I will be posting the treats later- they were so good! Totally worth losing points over.)! :)
Snacks right around 3 pm each afternoon are my downfall. I hit a wall and my body craves a snack, which usually ends up being something chocolatey. :) I am trying to train myself to reach for healthier snacks, but I just forget.
So, I have complied this list that I am printing out and putting on my fridge. That way, when I go to grab the carton of chocolate ice cream in my freezer, I will be reminded to grab something else.
If you want to print it out, CLICK HERE.
Here is my list:

1. Frozen Grapes (I used to eat these in college all the time- they are amazing)
2. String Cheese
3. Banana
4. Frozen Banana (peel it first, stick in the freezer overnight- it’s like a yummy popsicle)
5. Low-fat Yogurt
6. Sugar-free or fat-free pudding
7. Apple dipped in Peanut Butter (or spread peanut butter on top of apple slice and top with pecans . . . so good!)
8. 100-calorie bag of popcorn
9. Applesauce
10. Raw veggies with hummus (my new favorite!)
11. Almonds
12. Apple
13. Skinny S’more (two graham crackers with one roasted marshmallow and one small square dark chocolate)
14. Smoked Beef Jerky (about 1 oz- look for low-sodium!)
15. Chocolate Milk
16. Hard Boiled Egg
17. Sunflower Seeds
18. Cottage Cheese
19. Sliced Cantelope
20. Raisins
21. Pita Bread and Hummus
22. Rice Cakes
23. Sugar-free Jello
24. Dried Fruits
25. Frozen Yoplait Whips Yogurt (these seriously taste like ice cream when they are frozen!)
26. Air-Popped Popcorn
27. Pistachios
28. Clementines (we call them Cuties or Clemmies)
29. Fruit Smoothie (or Kristen’s Green Smoothie- it’s actually delicious!)
30. Handful of olives
31. Pickles
32. Handful of blueberries with 2 tablespoons fat-free Cool-Whip
33. Ants on a Log (celery with peanut butter and raisins)
34. 1 cup mixed berry salad (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, and/or blackberries) tossed with one tablespoon fresh-squeezed orange juice.
35. Peanut Butter and Bananas on whole wheat bread
36. Trail Mix (make your own! Throw in dried fruit, sunflower seeds, nuts, low-sugar cereals, and even the occasional piece of candy for something sweet.)
37. Orange Slices
38. Cherry Tomatoes
39. Graham Crackers
40. Small Green Salad with light dressing
41. Mango smoothie (frozen mango, mango Greek Yogurt, and a small amount of orange juice)
42. Kabobs (thread low-fat meat, low-fat cheese, pineapple and cherry tomatoes onto a stick- my kids love anything on a stick!)
43. Half of a  Cinnamon-Raisin topped with peanut butter and banana slices
44. Grilled Pineapple (throw them on the grill or a skillet on med. heat for two minutes or until golden)
45. Baked Apples (one tennis ball-sized apple, cored, filled with 1 teaspoon brown sugar and cinnamon, and baked until tender)
46. Animal Crackers
47. Strawberries dipped in fat-free Cool Whip
48. Low-fat tortilla topped with egg salad, shredded carrots and cucumber slices
49. Parfait (build your own with Greek yogurt or plain yogurt, fruit, and granola)
50. Bowl of bran flakes with 1/2 cup skim milk and berries
51. Guacamole with veggies
52. Triscuit’s Thin Crisps dipped in cottage cheese or hummus
53. Cashews
54. Pretzels
55. Sun Chips (portion control! Read the serving amount on the side!)
56. Cheesy Breaded Tomatoes: Two roasted plum tomatoes sliced and topped with 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
57. Sugar Snap Peas
58. Steamed Veggies (steam non-starchy vegetables in a microwave safe bag and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese or 1/4 cup pasta sauce)
59. Apricots
60. Laughing Cow Light Cheese Wedges
61. Any 100 calorie pack
62. Snack/Granola bar (around 150 calories or less, like Kellogg’s All-Bran, Kashi TLC Trail Mix, or Fiber one Bar)
63. Baked chips (about 7-10) with salsa
64. Soy Chips
65. Protein Bar
66. Sweet Potato Fries (one light-bulb sized sweet potato sliced, tossed with 1 teaspoon olive oil, and baked at 400° for 10 minutes)
67. Wrap (I like a slice of turkey, swiss cheese, baby spinach leaves, and cranberry relish wrapped up in a tortilla)
68. Pumpkin Seeds (2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, sprayed with oil (just a spritz!) and baked at for 400° for 15 minutes or until brown. Sprinkle a tiny amount of salt on top)
69. Bean Salad
70. Broccoli Florets
71. Peaches and Cottage Cheese
72. Chopped Red Peppers (dipped in fat free ranch)
73. V8 Vegetable Juice
74. Tuna with Triscuit crackers
75. Cooked and Cubed Chicken Breast
76. Homemade Popsicles (puree watermelon, strawberries, mango, banana, etc and freeze in popsicle molds)
77. Dates with almond butter or rolled in coconut
78. Quesadilla (whole wheat (or corn) tortillas w/cheese (or not) melted in microwave – adding on tomatoes, beans, corn, olives, avocado or guacamole or whatever sounds good)
79. Watermelon
80. Cubed Apples and Cubed Cheese (this was my husband’s favorite after-school snack when he was little)
81. Craisins (I love to eat these with almonds- it’s a good combo)
82. Goldfish Crackers
83. Edamame
84. Cheesy Roasted Asparagus (four spears (spritzed with olive-oil spray) and topped with 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, baked for 10 minutes at 400°)
85. Turkey Roll-Ups (Four slices smoked turkey rolled up and dipped in 2 teaspoons honey mustard)
86. Strawberry Salad (1 cup raw spinach with ½ cup sliced strawberries and 1 tablespoon balsamic)
87. Oatmeal
88. Banana Smoothie (½ cup sliced banana, ¼ cup nonfat vanilla yogurt, and a handful of ice blended until smooth)
89. Lime Sherbet (1/2 cup serving) with sliced kiwi
90. Apple Chips (dehydrated apples- they are so good!)
91. Black Beans (mix 1/4 cup black beans with 1 tablespoon salsa and 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt for an added twist!)
92. Lettuce wrap (try two slices honey-baked ham with 2 teaspoons honey mustard rolled in a lettuce leaf)
93. Pecans (try five pecans roasted with 2 teaspoons maple syrup and 1 teaspoon cinnamon)
94. Chocolate Covered Strawberries (dip 5 strawberries in 2 squares of dark chocolate- that is still good for you, right?!)
95. Honeyed Yogurt (½ cup nonfat Greek yogurt with a dash of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon honey)
96. Blackberries (so good mixed with plain yogurt)
97. Frozen Mangos
98. Tropical Juice Smoothie (¼ cup pineapple juice, orange juice, and apple juice, blended with ice)
99. Healthier Banana Bread
100. Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip with fresh fruit

If you would like to print this list out, you can either click on the “Print Friendly” button on the bottom of this post, or
for a printer friendly version that will fit all 100 snack ideas on one page.
Some of these snack ideas can be found Greatist.com .
*Please note that these are just ideas . . . my opinion of a healthy snack! :)
I know that some are not the healthiest options out there,
but there are definitely a lot worse things that you could eat!

If you are trying to be Healthier…Try using Spark Natural Essential Oils! We absolutely LOVE them!!!

Here is our simple list of 25 Easy Ways that you can use Essential Oils!

Comments

Thanks for sharing! I think sometimes we get so hungry that we forget about the healthy options. And I know I sometimes get stuck in food ruts. What a great list to have on hand. I hope you don’t mind but I’m sharing this post on my Facebook page!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!!!! I have been looking for a list of good snacks for my kids, I have 4 little kids and snacks are so important to them… I want to give them the best, filling, healthy snacks, not junk! :)
    YAY YOU!!!! :)

I hit that same wall each afternoon:-) Since Christmas I have been trying really hard to watch what I am eating too…not always the easiest when you bake nonstop!!! Thanks for the great list!

A new favorite at our house (even with my very picky husband) is Stacy’s Pita Chips with tuna (made with a little mayo, a little homemade relish and mustard). So yummy!! Thanks for the great ideas!

Thanks for this! I love that you say you just forget to choose a healthier snack, I hear you there! After years of reaching for chocolate, my brain is in serious need of being re-trained. Once I hit 30 (wah!) my body let me know I couldn’t get away with that anymore. Thanks again :)

Thanks for the great ideas! One of my fave healthy snacks is Roasted Seaweed Snacks. They taste amazing. You can find them at Trader Joe’s or any Asian grocery store. Try them and you may never crave chips again!

What a great list! My favourites are 21, 29, 76 & 77: Pita & Hummus, Green Smoothies, Homemade popsicles & Dates (even just on their own, straight out of the freezer!) There are a few more ideas here I’ll definitely have to try too. Thanks!!

Wow, some of these are really not healthy at all. Watch all the High Fructose Corn Syrup (for example: in the Yoplait yogurt and the cereals), watch the added sugars in the dried fruits and peanut butters and cereals, watch all the added salt in the crackers and chips (some have MSG), and 100 calorie snacks are NOT healthy (especially if you are eating those 100 calorie snack bags filled with cookies or chips) have you ever read the ingredients on those?!? Just because something is low calorie does NOT make it Healthy!

Artifial sweeteners found in your “sugar-free” stuff is dangerous stuff. I’m doing my senior thesis about them and believe me, they are neither “healthy” for snaking, nor will change your waist line. Just so you know!! Read about them. (Aspartame, Sucralose, Saccharin)

Many of these are great ideas, but you may not realize dried fruits and nuts (and nut butters) are very high in calories. And many of the items on your list may be low cal, but are not actually healthy for you. :/

I agree with Buckle My Shoe Mama… but going beyond that, my favorite snack other than roasted butternut squash and/or spaghetti squash is eating small tins of tuna/salmon/mackerel/sardines – super healthy yet if you get them in 3 or 2 ounce cans, low calorie and PERFECT snack size too! :)

My go to crunchy snack…celery with salsa. It sounds strange but is really good! You get crunch from the celery and exciting flavor from the salsa.

Thanks for sharing! This is an awesome list.

I thought I’d share about The Eatery here (www.eatery.massivehealth.com). It’s an iPhone app that helps you to track how healthy you’ve been eating, and gives you the big picture breakdown of your eating habits, strengths, weaknesses and the best place to start making changes.

It’s available for free on the App Store. Do try it out, we’d love to hear your thoughts on it!

Warmest regards,
    Cassandra

This is a great idea however I’m failing to understand how chemically altered food such as those that are low fat and sugar free are considered healthy. Especially when there are many things that are naturally low fat or low sugar. Just something to look into.

The Triscuit Thin Crisps you listed are actually loaded with sodium. It breaks my heart because I really liked them until I saw the sodium content. Regular Triscuits have much less sodium per serving. Just an FYI.

Wow. This is a brilliant idea. I think it has been people’s habit to just eat and not consider how healthy the food they’re eating is. You have made us more aware and understanding about being healthy. These are really motivating. I’m sure many would be properly reminded and be encouraged to embrace healthy eating habits. The list contains delicious food and they’ll surely enjoy this vigorous habit. :)

Joseph Carr

I just linked to your list off pintrest and I am in love. this is so great. I do get in such a funk with snacks for me and my kiddos and this is a win win win for everyone. Thanks for some tasty inspiration.

Thanks , I’ve just been looking for information about this subject for ages and yours is the greatest I’ve
    found out so far. However, what about the conclusion?

Are you positive concerning the source?
    click here

This is a great list! I’ve been looking for a long list of snack ideas for a while. Seriously, all the others are just the same 5 things over and over!

I’ve recently fell in love with Fruti bars. They’re frozen fruit bars made with real chunks of fruit instead of fillers and are under 100 for some flavors. They say it’s eating one serving of fruit too on their website. You can look at the ingredients on their website at http://www.nfc-fruti.com!

20. Jack Sims - Chief Nut at Tiger Nuts USA says

Sisters, if you are looking for a seriously health snack food, one that is probably the healthiest ‘single source’ snack food you can buy, then check out Tiger Nuts at http://www.tigernutsusa.com

As of today, they are still the best kept secret in the health snack marketplace!

21. Riri says

Was looking for some ideas for healthy snacks. This is great. Especially for college students. And you can tweak the list as you like. Love, love, love.

22. Ruth says

This is a great list of suggestions.
    But portion control is the biggest issue if you are dieting…. you can eat any of these foods, but need to be careful of not overdoing it.