My family LOVES Disneyland. It is seriously my mom’s favorite place on earth! Growing up, we made a trip to California about every other year to visit that magical place.
Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Adapted from: Disney Parks
Makes 8 servings
- 1 pound bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- ¾ cup diced celery
- 4 large Russet potatoes, diced
- 4 medium red potatoes, diced*
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups chicken stock (broth works fine too)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, drained (optional, I just added it because it sounded good!)
- Optional garnishes: chopped chives, bacon bits, sour cream, shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese
- In a 6- to 8-quart stockpot over medium heat, fry bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon and drain on paper towels, reserving half for garnish. In bacon fat, cook onions, carrots, and celery until the onions are translucent. Add potatoes and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk in flour and stir constantly over low heat until the flour is cooked and the mixture has thickened slightly, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add chicken stock and half of the bacon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Over medium-high heat, bring the soup to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. Mash some of the potatoes for thicker, creamier texture. Add whipping cream (and can of corn if you want it) and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Adjust thickness by adding water or stock. Soup should have a creamy consistency.
- Season to taste, and garnish with toppings.
Equipment needed for this recipe:
Slow Cooker Cheese and Broccoli Soup
Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Soup
Hearty Chicken Tortilla Soup
Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup
Santa Fe Soup