Appetizers, Recipes, Restaurant Recipes

Chili’s Copycat Skillet Queso Recipe

1353796211_chili's_skillet_queso

Join us on Facebook for our latest recipes and projects!
If you liked our Chili’s Copycat Salsa Recipe, then you will love this!  It is so good warm so the cheese is all gooey.  This makes a great appetizer or snack.

Chili’s Copycat Skillet Queso Recipe:
16-ounce box Velveeta Cheese
1 c. milk
2 teaspoons paprika
½ tsp. ground cayenne pepper
15-ounce can Hormel Chili (No Beans)
4 tsp. chili powder
1 tablespoon lime juice

½ tsp. ground cuminCut the Velveeta into cubes. Combine the cheese with the remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently until cheese melts.

Enjoy with tortilla chips!

I'm Lovin' It at TidyMom

Comments

i made this and it was very very good. however i changed a few things and eyeballed alot. but instead of hormel, i used ground beef seasoned with quite a few things, all mexican. i used 12 ounces velveta, 3/4 cans of rotel tomatos to give it some tomato bits( i dont like salsa.. wierd right? or else i would have added a little bit of that), a splash of milk and all the spices you mentioned, just less. it was the bomb! way better than chili’s. thank you so much for the great idea! even though i didnt make it exactly how you did, im so happy! the cheese was the perfect texture and stayed the right consistency as it cooled down. thanks so much for posting this! my husband says its one of the best things he’s had.. so I guess I will be cooking this until im 99 years old and bed ridden. :)

i work at chills and i know that the chilis queso has beef in it and it has refried beans in it, so maybe if you build upon the recipe u posted and then add refried beans and beef, then it would be more close

I followed exactly but used Hormel WITH beans not without! I’m not quite sure why this recipie calls for the kind without beans as Chili’s queso DOES have beans in it !

i made this and it tasted the exact same as our chills queso (i work at chilis) the only problem was is that i had to dump the 1st batch because the 1 cup of milk was too watery. so the second time i made it i only used 1/4 cup of milk. 1 cup is way too much and i was wrong in my 1st comment. chills queso does not have beans. its only chili and velveeta. just like you wrote it.

Just whipped up a batch exactly as you have it written here. I think the 1 cup of milk is perfect. Any less, and it gets too thick to quick. It also helps cut down the spice kick. I think this version has a little more kick than the Chili’s version, so I might cut down on that next time. But it is a great knock of version! Thanks for posting.

I love this recipe. It tastes a little better then Chili’s which I didn’t think was possible. Whenever I go to Chili’s I order the queso, but my best friend and I agree that we’re spoiled with this recipe now and prefer it. Thank you for sharing!

7. Betty says

My grandkids LOVE Chili’s Queso so they were excited to try this. We made it today and they all loved it, they said it was better than Chili”s. I did put about a half can of refried beans in with the chili. Will be making this often.

8. Suzy says

It seems to me that Chili’s has small bits of meat chunks in their queso. I never could decide if it was beef or sausage.

9. Suzy says

Seems to me that Chili’s has bits of meat in their queso, am I wrong about this? (I never could decide if it was beef or sausage!)