We love this delicious coconut chicken. Even our picky eaters devoured this chicken.
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 12 chicken tenders (I cut up 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts into strips)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1 c. sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 c. panko bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp table salt
- 3/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (you can leave this out if you want to skip the spice for the kiddos)
- Sweet and Spicy Apricot Dipping Sauce Recipe:
- 1/2 c. apricot preserves (you can use sugar free if you wish)
- 1 Tbl. rice wine vinegar
- 3/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Give coconut a rough chop so it’s about the same size as the panko pieces. Combine it with Panko and spices in a shallow dish. Mix well to distribute all of the spices. Place the flour in another shallow dish, and the egg in another. Give the egg a quick beating. Working with one chicken tender at a time, dredge in flour and then dip in egg, and then finally coat in the coconut Panko mixture. Press in with your fingers to make sure the entire thing is well coated.
- Place chicken tenders on a foil-lined baking sheet (for easy clean up!) that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. I give mine a teeny drizzle of olive oil on top to help them crisp nicely, but it’s optional.
- Bake in your 450 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until juices run clear. Try not to overcook them because chicken tenders go from perfect to overcooked really fast! If your tenders are on the small side, they could even be done in about 15 minutes so keep an eye on them. If they’re big they can take more like 25. The coconut will be nice and golden and the panko crisp, but light in color still.
- Dipping Sauce:
- Combine all the ingredients and place in a small bowl.
Equipment needed for this recipe:
Looking for more chicken recipes? Here are a few of our favorites!
Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki Bowl
Slow Cooker Bacon Smothered Chicken
Classic Baked Garlic Chicken Recipe
Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Fajita Soup
We’ve put together 50 of our favorite slow cooker recipes to make dinnertime a breeze!
You can get this eCookbook for just $4.99 (that’s less than ten cents a recipe)!
Get it HERE!