Appetizers, Chicken, Recipes

Winger’s Sticky Fingers Copycat Recipe

wingers[1]

If there is one thing I crave, it is Winger’s Sticky Fingers.
Winger’s is a restaurant in Utah, Idaho and a few other states and they are famous for their wings and sticky fingers.  This has been a family favorite for a few years and we just can’t seem get enough of them!  They are always a hit!
My husband and I were cravin’ some sticky finger goodness last weekend so we got some take out and realized we like this copycat recipe more than the original!
 And you don’t have to pay a tip! :)
Winger’s Sticky Fingers Recipe:
1 pkg. frozen breaded chicken strips (We use Tyson brand)
6 Tbl. Frank’s Hot Sauce (It has to be Franks Hot Sauce, no other sauce will taste as good)
4 Tbl. water
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
Chicken:
 Prepare the chicken strips as directed on the back of the package.Sauce:
Heat hot sauce, water and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, until sugar is dissolved.

Pour sauce over chicken, and enjoy!  Serve with ranch dressing for dipping.

Serves 2-3 people.

Recipe adapted from Recipe of the Week

Linked to Tidy Mom
Tip Junkie
Today’s Creative Blog

You Might Also Enjoy:

Comments

1. Anonymous says

just a heads up for everyone the brown sugar will crystalize i added a smidge of karo syrup still sweet and perfect the next day!

2. Anonymous says

Will it taste ok with the Buffalo wing sauce that Franks makes? I havent tried the regular sauce but i use the buffalo one for everything!

3. Anonymous says

I’ve been waiting for this since I left Utah!! I’m so excited. Also,If you hear anything about Winger’s special sauce, I’d love to have a recipe for that too!

• says

That’s so funny to hear because I made this last Sunday night & I decided to mix some ranch with some of this leftover sauce…..I thought I made up something new but apparently this Winger’s place already thought of that too LOL

I live in Portland, OR…..we don’t have a Wringer’s here. I’d never even heard of it until I came across this blog. These Sticky Finger’s are to DIE for though!!! So glad I found it :)

4. Anonymous says

@ Alex and Melynda- concerning special suace: THANKYOU! I feel like a hole in my heart has been filled. lol. I’m making this right now- complete with the special dipping sauce.

I’ve made this several times over the years. I also add a tsp or so of karo syrup to it doesn’t crystallize. For the kids, mine are 5,3, and 1, add a little ketchup and they are good to go. I think it makes the sauce a little sweeter and not so spicy.

I can’t wait to make these! We always go to Wingers for my birthday but this is our first year where there isn’t one in the state! My grocery store carries Frank’s Hot Sauce, but 4 different kinds, none of which are just plain “Frank’s Hot Sauce”. Recommendations?

I found this recipe on Pinterest! Super yummy and easy to make! We had leftovers so for lunch the next day I put them in a wrap! The sticky fingers,lettuce(i used green leaf) some cheese and a little bit of ranch in a tortilla super yummy lunch!

So I tried the recipe and was wondering how I can make crispier chicken? I bought the breaded chicken, but it wasn’t as crunchy as it is when I get it at a restaurant.

• Crystal says

I fry the chicken for a couple of minutes after I bake it. Also make sure you let the sauce cool before you coat the chicken

I am in NY and have never heard of a Wingers, but after reading this post, there is no need to! These things were so simple and so amazing!! These will be a staple in my house on nights that I have no idea what to make!!

I waited tables at Winger’s for years through my undergrad, and ate more than my fair share of sauce in various ways. Now we live in Arkansas, and today the sticky finger craving hit. For date night tonight, we are whipping up a batch of this sauce, and I.cannot.wait. Also, this sauce will last for weeks in the fridge, in case anyone was wondering. Weeks.

As soon as I get to the grocery store, I am buying the chicken strips so I can make this!! My kids and I love wings, especially boneless, so this would make a great lunch for us :)

12. Camille says

I have never heard of Wingers (I’m a Rhode Island Girl)…but I saw this recipe on Pinterest and I made it tonight for a party an it was a HUGE hit!! It’ll be a regular in my recipe box from now on!!

13. April says

Made this the other night when I was craving some sticky fingers and didn’t really want to spend the money for all of my family! Soooo yummy! Also passed it on to my sister! She loved it! Huge hit!

14. Dana Blakesley says

i have made these several time and use the Frank’s sauce. Delicious and so easy. We just dip the chicken in the sauce instead of coating the chicken. The sauce saves well in the frig.

15. Kendra Schappaugh says

I made these last night for an easy Friday night dinner for my husband and 3 boys. They were so good, and so easy I will be making these all the time!! I am so happy I found this recipe thanks for posting it!