White Chocolate Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels Recipe

So after making Rolo Turtles last week, so seriously had millions of pretzels leftover. I came across this recipe for White Chocolate Cinnamon Pretzels over at Your Cup of Cake and had all the ingredients in my pantry . . . so of course I had to try them out.
They took just a couple of minutes to throw together and let me tell you . . . I will never eat a plain pretzel ever again! These were amazing!
Ingredients:

1 bag of pretzels (16-18 oz
2/3 cup oil (I used vegetable oil)
1/3 cup sugar
1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup cinnamon sugar for sprinkling

1 cup white chocolate chips

1.     Whisk together oil, sugar, and cinnamon.
2.    Pour pretzels into a microwave safe bowl and pour oil mixture in.  Stir until coated.
3.    Microwave for 1 minute, remove and stir.  Microwave 45 seconds more.
4.    Spread pretzels evenly onto two cookie sheets covered in parchment paper.
5.    While still warm, sprinkle cinnamon sugar generously.
6.   Melt white chocolate (on low heat, be careful not to burn) and drizzle over cooled pretzels.
7.    Store in an airtight container.
Makes a great snack, party treat, or gift for friends and neighbors!
You Might Also Like:
  1. Stylist says:

WONDERFUL idea! I am so not a baker but these seemed easy enough. The store was sold out of white chocolate so I bought chocolate chips & peanut butter chips to do a Reese version. Here’s my issue…how did you drizzle the chocolate in such thin lines?? Mine kept dropping in clumps, haha. Oh well, they’re not as pretty but they are so yummO, thanks!

2. Anonymous says:

I made these this morning as gifts for my neighbors and they are delicious and very easy to make! Thank you for sharing the recipe; it’s a keeper!

• Julie Bird says:

I, too, don’t use a microwave anymore. I would think you could turn on the oven to 350* and just bake the pretzels for a short period, stir, and bake some more. I think the only difference would be that it’s not as quick to complete start to finish. That’s what I’m going to try! Hope that helps.

3. Christine says:

This looks so yummy! I just tried making it today and my only problem was, after I drizzled on the melted white chocolate and let it harden, I used a large spatula to lift them all up and put in a container but all the drizzles of white chocolate just fell off and wouldn’t stay on! Wondering where I went wrong. I used Ghirardelli’s Classic White Baking Chips. I’m wondering if they are not really white chocolate? Any help would be appreciated Six Sisters. The pretzels are very yummy even though the chocolate didn’t stick.

• Cyd says:

I just don’t know why this would happen? I have had that happen on other things that I have made, and I would say that it’s from cheap chocolate, but you used the same chocolate that I did! Ha ha! I really have no idea! -The Six Sisters

4. Sujin Ha says:

Hi. This was an amazing recipe! I just want to know how you drizzled the white chocolate because mine stayed pretty solid, making it pretty hard to drizzle evenly.