Don’t judge this by it’s picture- I think that enchiladas are one of the hardest foods to photograph!
- 8 soft flour tortillas
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chillies
- 1 tsp dried cilantro
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp Chili powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan using non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix cooked chicken, chili powder (optional) and 1 cup of cheese together. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in sour cream, can of chilies, cilantro, black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Make sure that you don't bring this to a boil- you don't want to have curdled sour cream!
- Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 20-22 minutes and then place under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.
Looking for more Mexican inspired recipes? Try these:
Fully Loaded Guacamole
Chili Con Queso Dip
Tex Mex Chicken Soup
Green Chile Rice