- Posted on
- 1 Comment
I think that I am suffering from a little bit of a "Holiday Hangover" . . . I just don't feel like putting much effort into my dinners right now!
I had some leftover grilled chicken and found this quick and easy recipe over at $5 Dinners. I was so happy that there was so little work on my part, but it was a yummy meal my whole family loved!
So if you are looking for a quick and easy dinner (or even lunch), this is perfect!
-1 loaf French bread, sliced in half
-2 grilled chicken breasts, cut into slices (you can also buy pre-cooked grilled chicken slices!)
-1 teaspoon fajita seasoning (I have also used taco seasoning and it works great)
-1 green pepper, sliced
-1 onion, sliced (you could also use a bag of frozen peppers and onions)
-1/3 cup salsa (more or less depending on how much you like)
-4 slices of your favorite cheese (I like Cheddar or Mozzarella)
- Slice the bread open lengthwise so you have two long pieces.
- Season the chicken breasts with the fajita seasoning (or taco seasoning) and grill on both sides until cooked through. Let cool slightly, then slice into thin strips. (If you are using pre-cooked chicken strips, just warm them up. You don't even need to season them with fajita seasoning if you don't want to)
- Saute the peppers and onions with some fajita seasoning for about 3-5 minutes, or until the water has cooked off.
- To assemble, spread the salsa on the bottom of the bread. Add the grilled chicken slices, then the sauteed peppers and onion, then the cheese slice.
- Microwave or put under the broiler to melt the cheese.
- Cut bread into slices and serve.
- We ate our Chicken Fajita Melts with some fresh fruit and it was a fast and delicious meal!
Join us on Facebook for our latest recipes and projects!
You Might Also Like:
Other interesting food sites: