- 1 loaf French bread, sliced in half
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, cut into slices (you can also buy pre-cooked grilled chicken slices!)
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning (I have also used taco seasoning and it works great)
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced (you could also use a bag of frozen peppers and onions)
- ⅓ cup salsa (more or less depending on how much you like)
- 4 slices of your favorite cheese (I like Cheddar or Mozzarella)
- Slice the bread open lengthwise so you have two long pieces.
- Season the chicken breasts with the fajita seasoning (or taco seasoning) and grill on both sides until cooked through.
- Let cool slightly, then slice into thin strips. (If you are using pre-cooked chicken strips, just warm them up. You don't even need to season them with fajita seasoning if you don't want to)
- Saute the peppers and onions with some fajita seasoning for about 3-5 minutes, or until the water has cooked off.
- To assemble, spread the salsa on the bottom of the bread.
- Add the grilled chicken slices, then the sauteed peppers and onion, then the cheese slice.
- Microwave or put under the broiler to melt the cheese.
- Cut bread into slices and serve.
We’ve put together 50 of our favorite family recipes to make dinnertime a breeze!
You can get this eCookbook for just $4.99 (that’s less than ten cents a recipe)!
Get it HERE!