- Posted on
- 62 Comments
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- seasoning salt
- 6 slices bacon, cut in half
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1/2 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded Colby/Jack cheese
Sprinkle and rub the chicken breasts with seasoning salt. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp.
In a small bowl, mix the mustard, honey, mayo and dried onion flakes.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place chicken in the skillet and saute for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until browned. Move chicken to an 11x7 inch or 9x9 inch pan.
Apply the honey mustard to each breast, then layer with mushrooms, bacon, and shredded cheese.
Bake in a 350° oven for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken is done.
**When my mom makes this, she makes tops each individual chicken breast with sauce, bacon, mushrooms, and cheese so it looks pretty . . . I made mine "casserole style" and just spread out the sauce, bacon, mushrooms, and cheese all over the place (I'm lazy like that). Either way, it tastes the same!
Serve with honey mustard sauce.
Recipe from Amy's Finer Things
Honey Mustard Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Mix the mayo, yellow mustard, Dijon mustard, honey, onion flakes and lemon juice together in a bowl. Cover and chill in refrigerator overnight. Serve with chicken.
Looking For Other Chicken Dishes? You Might Also Like: